Webmin

WaterRatj

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been using x10vps hosting for over a few months now and i'm very satisfied.

Now i'm going from cpanel to webmin.
I was wondering if anyone else has setted up webmin cleanly on a vps box?

I'm just trying to figure out on how to add my domain to my vps box with webmin and how to create ns1.mydomain.tld ns2.mydomain.tld for my domain

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
I have. You need to make sure your using a Grade A OS for webmin(actually webmin doesn't grade OSs but Virtualmin does, if you have webmin and decided to install the Virtualmin module later, you won't need to reload your machine with a good OS)
If you have Bind set up, simply create name-servers pointing to your VPS. If you want to use the dns servers provided by your register, you can save some ram and disable bind.

Adding websites is fairly simple, Server >> Apache Webserver -> Create virtual host
Everything in the config screen are normal apache settings.

Alternatively you could install Virtualmin instead, it will allow you to create users and websites, easily control ftp users for each site and it handles all the apache/bind/mail settings. I like to equate Virtualmin/Usermin to WHM/cpanel, whereas straight up webmin is a web based way to edit config files.

Last edited: