Website contents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question regarding the contents of my website hosted with you.

I want to create a website which provides information on ethical hacking and books related to it. It will also explain everything one needs to know to successfully pass the CEH exam ( Certified Ethical Hacker ).

Of course, I won't be discussing scripts used to crack gmail passwords [ they don't work, anyway :wink: ]!

I went through your TOS and I did not find any clause which forbids me to create a website on ethical hacking. But I decided to check with you guys, just to be sure... :)

Regards.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This is the relevant section of the Terms of Service (excerpted from Section1 -- Server Usage):

x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers.
* Warez: Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing, etc... This also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.

In short, it doesn't matter what colour your hat is, or what the intent of the the information is. Any information on your site, or links to information off-site, that can be used for malicious activity is prohibited. It's not that Corey (or the x10Hosting staff at large) are unaware of the white hat/pentest industry; it's that they are aware that most of the people who are going to use any explicit instructions are not going to be doing so for constructive or beneficial purposes. And let's face it -- anyone who is going to publish the information for black hat purposes is going to try to cover their butt by saying it's for "educational" or "security" purposes.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It's against forum rules to even suggest this.

Status
Not open for further replies.