Website not loading: Sudden appearance of error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapthetable12

Reaction score
Hi all,
I hope someone will be able to help. My website (which has Wordpress installed) is no longer loading. Heading to the domain (www.tapthetable.com) shows only the following error message:

Warning: require_once(/home/taptable/public_html/wp-content/themes/elegance-2/lib/functions/core.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/taptable/public_html/wp-content/themes/elegance-2/framework.php on line 94

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/taptable/public_html/wp-content/themes/elegance-2/lib/functions/core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/taptable/public_html/wp-content/themes/elegance-2/framework.php on line 94

Trying to head to the /wp-admin page also yields the same result.

No edits of the directory or any code have taken place as far as I am aware but I am at a loss as to what is causing this and also what solution I should pursue?

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Not sure the cause. Seems something has deleted some files with the name core.php

You will have to manually switch the theme.
cPanel --> phpMyAdmin
choose your wordpress database
select the table wp_options
find in the column option_name the rows marked template and stylesheet -- they should have the name like elegance-2 -- the theme that is corrupted
edit both to say twentythirteen
find in the column option_name the row marked current_theme
edit to say Twenty Thirteen
You should now be able to log into your wp-admin area.
Go to Appearance.
Delete elegance-2
Re-install elegance-2 and activate.

Note: depending on your WP install, you may need to use twentytwelve or even twentyten

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I've restored the /home/taptable/public_html/wp-content/themes/elegance-2/lib/functions/core.php file from our backup archives for you.

tapthetable12

Reaction score
Thank you guys so much for your help! Seemed like such a simple solution once you said it. Must have just been having a moment!! Thanks again! I really appreciate it :)

tapthetable12

Reaction score
Hi,

I seem to be getting the same issue for the admin page too:

Warning: require_once(/home/taptable/public_html/wp-content/themes/elegance-2/lib/admin/functions/core.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/taptable/public_html/wp-content/themes/elegance-2/lib/admin/admin.php on line 36

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/taptable/public_html/wp-content/themes/elegance-2/lib/admin/functions/core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/taptable/public_html/wp-content/themes/elegance-2/lib/admin/admin.php on line 36

Would it be possible to restore the admin files from the backup archive too?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.