website not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
It shows up correctly. It shows the Index directory of your webiste. You haven't uploaded any index.html or php yet.

To access to cPanel you need to login at: http://dirtracer36.x10hosting.com/cpanel with the username and password you put when you registered.

dirtracer36

Reaction score
I have been unable to get into cpanel or the 2082 link. My browser (opera) just says waiting for connection and nothing happens.

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
What type of error or message are you getting when you try and sign into your cpanel?

dirtracer36

Reaction score
No error, my browser (opera) says waiting for connection to dirtracer36.x10hosting.com IE says can't find server

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
I do not see your problem. I just opened the cPanel link in both FireFox and Opera, and there is no problem with it. Perhaps its something set on your end??

dirtracer36

Reaction score
Could be on my end. But what? I have not had a problem with cpanel at any other address. I've cleared my cache again and flushed my DNA, my website shows up with

index of /
.cgi_bin
Apache blah blah blah

And now it doesn't show again. Going to the cpanel link that you gave me in this thread, it reverts to the 2082 and opera says connecting to remote host dirtracer36.x10hosting.com but never connects.

Now it has gone back to saying waiting for connection.

Chris Z

Reaction score
If you have Windows, try going into the start menu -->Run-->cmd-->ipconfig/flushdns and ipconfig/registerdns

dirtracer36

Reaction score
I already fluhsed DNS. I tried ipconfig/registerdns and that shows a 'cannot find file'

Chris Z

Reaction score
What? cannot find file? lol, hmm I'm not sure what the deal is there though.

Zenax

Reaction score
index of /
.cgi_bin
Apache blah blah blah

Thats exactly what you should see.

I have no idea what the problem is, but I can see it clearly in FF, Opera etc, so perhaps you got an IP block on the server?

dirtracer36

Reaction score
The reason ipconfig/registerdns gets a 'cannot find file' is cuz I am not using windows 2000 or XP.

Does the DNS have to propagate the internet, even thogh I am using a subdomain of x10hosting, not my own domain name?

Thanks all for your help

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like the ports are blocked on your side trying to get to control panel since you can see your site through the web browser. I verified your IP that you are currently posting with is not blocked by our firewall.

Can you check your firewall and post back?

dirtracer36

Reaction score
Hi Corey, How's Northfield? I'm in Wolfeboro.

I disabled my firewall and DSL firewall and still didn't work. I disabled them both again and now i've gotten into cpanel. I don't know what port or ip either would be blocking and why. :dunno: I have never had to disable either for anything. Sorry to be a bother for something that's on my end.

You can close this thread now. Thanks for all your help. :biggrin:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Northfield is nice, would be much better if it would stop raining long enough to go out on the lake. I've been to the Wolfeboro docks many times.

Feel free to open the thread again if you need further help with configuring the firewall.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.