What are you looking for?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What would make you want to tell your friends about x10? What makes you come here in general? What would you like to see done to make x10 better?

300 Points per valid suggestion. Max 2 per person. These have to be viable options too, not like "GIVE OUT DOMAINS TO EVERYONE!@#@#!!11!"

Yes, you'll beable to spend your points soon ;)

-Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

mikel2k3

Reaction score
I already do tell people on forums and friends about x10, maybe you should do an invite code thing where you give people a link to sign up and then the person who gave them the referal link would get points for it...

I come here to solve any problems I have and mainly use the off topic and marketplace forums. Yay for selling things in the market.

Id like to see more games tournaments working and maybe make everything in the shop cheaper :) Ooooo ooooo and and get the RPG working again, i never played anybody properly. Ill edit later if i think of anything else

N

Nathan

What would make you want to tell your friends about x10? What makes you come here in general? What would you like to see done to make x10 better?

Better server uptime. To make myself seem like an Apple/OpenSource zealot. Better server uptime, new forum theme.

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
Maybe you could hold a competition every once in a while, the winner could win something from the shop.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Corey said:

With addition to points, possibly make a referral counter (not in profile, but near reputation/posts/etc in forum posts; maybe get prizes for referring a certain amount of people?)

In general I come here to keep up with the forum, and click ads to keep x10 going!

To make x10 better, I would recommend some kind of rewards system to attract new users and keep old users. Additionally, competitions would be nice, i.e. graphics contests etc.

That's my two cents.

Articz

Reaction score
personally i think that the forum support and the GREAT hosting does it all. theres no real need to add to it.

Last edited:

Colodro

Reaction score
x10Hosting is so good that it is difficult to make it even better.

But we the spaniards would appreciate an option to put the cPanel in Spanish, and also a Spanish support section in the forums.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Colodro said:
x10Hosting is so good that it is difficult to make it even better.

But we the spaniards would appreciate an option to put the cPanel in Spanish, and also a Spanish support section in the forums.

I think we might have a solution for the cPanel in the next week; Regarding the forum, if we have more active Spanish speaking people it would be an option but currently there are not enough to open a whole section for.

-Corey

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Somethign like ezyreqards for refferals to win prizes with points ect maybe? Maybe some more mysqls because thats what people need alot.

Conor

Reaction score
SEÑOR said:
Somethign like ezyreqards for refferals to win prizes with points ect maybe? Maybe some more mysqls because thats what people need alot.
OK.

1. x10Hosting is for HOSTING.

2. ezrewards is for exactly what it does.

3. Where do you think the money for this comes from? It certainly doesn't fall from the sky.

swirly

Reaction score
well i cant tell my friends about x10...none of them know more about the internet than say myspace, or rarely maybe someone knows geoocities... But other than that, im just another nerd....so really nothing... but really i think that x10 is great...i mean i agree with all said above...

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
swirly said:
well i cant tell my friends about x10...none of them know more about the internet than say myspace, or rarely maybe someone knows geoocities... But other than that, im just another nerd....so really nothing... but really i think that x10 is great...i mean i agree with all said above...

hm, IDEA!
is there any sort of WYSIWYG thing that would work in cpanel?
most people dont have a WYSIWYG editor on their computer anyway; additionally, the myspace/xanga crowd doesnt know much coding by hand.. maybe a script library?

that could be a way to attract users.. or have a demo account to show people around in cpanel (that is, if they're willing to learn)

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Well the spanish section sounds very good if you're able to make it Corey. Also, well, I think I have not many things to ask. I just need to say that I love this place and the way you keep it up. :)

Torch

Reaction score
I think the great thing would be to actually give some usefulness to points.
Like, for us to be able to 'buy' more space (eg. every 10 points = 1meg), more bandwidth (eg. 2 points = 1meg), databases, email addresses etc.
I noticed that you have Toplist on forum, but it's not used much. Maybe put up separate script just for top sites, and turn more attention to that part. It would eventually be great place for people to get initial visitors to get them started. Webring would also be great alternative.
Also, it might be good to fix RPG, that would get a lot more people lingering around the forum and if you even modify it and make something unique, people who in the first place aren't interested in hosting might join, and one day when they do need hosting will remember this place to look for it.
Oh, just one more thing. You should definitely do something about login on main site. Either remove it or make it work, because lot of people get confused about it, and some may even think that this very unprofessional (or even fake) host when they see login system not working.

Those are my suggestions, hope you find them useful :D

Last edited:

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I would really like to see an option to customize paid plans. Kinda like buying a car. Maybe I don't need 30GB of bandwidth, but I would like 5 MySQL DB instead of 3. I know you guys love the whole "Corporate Free Hosting for the Masses" thing, but I know people who are looking to save on paid hosting services that allow them some flexibility. I know I'm one of them.

Besides, it wouldn't be a bad way to try to attract more paid hosting clients.

Last edited:

Conor

Reaction score
Paid plans aren't really our forte at the moment. But I see what you are saying. The only problem is, people who are supposed to be paying clients then see our free plans and figure, "hey, thats enough for me" and they take the free plan. The solution to this would be downsizing our free plans so that paid plans are a lot more attractive. Not an option at the moment unfortunatly because we are known for our FREE hosting and don't have many paying customers come here.

Cynical

Reaction score
Corey said:
Yes, you'll beable to spend your points soon ;)

-Corey
*gasp* does that mean x10rewards is near completion? :lupie:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Cynical said:
*gasp* does that mean x10rewards is near completion? :lupie:

yay lets start searching for random files or subfolders that might work!
lol..

dont want to get your hopes up, but here:

==========================
WHOIS information for x10rewards.com:

[whois.enom.com]
=-=-=-=

Registration Service Provided By: Clockwork Computers

Domain name: x10rewards.com

Administrative Contact:
Clockwork Computers
Corey Arbogast (support[NOSPAM]@[NOSPAM]clockworkcomputers.com)
+1.6037853010
Fax: +1.9999999999
1465 Hooksett Rd
Hooksett, NH 03106
US

Technical Contact:
Clockwork Computers
+1.6037853010
1465 Hooksett Rd
Hooksett, NH 03106
US

Registrant Contact:
Clockwork Computers
+1.6037853010
1465 Hooksett Rd
Hooksett, NH 03106
US

Name Servers:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Creation date: 20 Dec 2005 11:40:37
Expiration date: 20 Dec 2006 11:40:37

==========================

okay back on topic,
i have another idea. (yes i know the limit is two, but im pretty sure the ideas in my previous post wont amount to much)

how about you give users who have hosting the option to put up MORE ads, and maybe receive more forum points?

it'd be hard to implement without account creators around though

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
That's a pretty good idea about the extra ads, I'd definitely be interested.

I wouldn't think it to be too hard, all you need to do is be able to access the correct section of the database to increase points based on the referring URL, and of course prevent multiple IPs from clicking the link (perhaps even a once-per-week limit).

Janis

Reaction score
I think that idea about buying webspace, bandtwith & more databases is very good... :)

of course, buying domain for a lot of points would be great, but it's just a dream, sorry for off topic...