what do you think?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
vista.png

Did I succeed well in following this tutorial: http://www.tutorial9.net/photoshop/the-vista-window-effect/ ?

This one of the hardest and coolest thing I've ever done in photoshop :p

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
it looks nice for the design, but there is just something about it that doesn't appeal to me. I'm not sure if its the proportion of the box or what..just somethings there

but as for execution it looks really nice!

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
it looks nice for the design, but there is just something about it that doesn't appeal to me. I'm not sure if its the proportion of the box or what..just somethings there

but as for execution it looks really nice!

I didn't do it exactly as the tutorial tho (rounded corners, size) because I did only need the top part lol.

nightscream

Reaction score
The border is quite good but the black rectangle isn't. Put some depth in it, to make it seem like it's inside the border and not above it.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Very nice, try putting a light glow behind the star to make it blend better instead of the black background... also the original looks a lot like a windows vista window (not exactly though) but it looks good.

knights_templar

Reaction score
I love those colours, reminds me of an aurora look a wee bit. You do need to watch your measurements though...

for example the left border is smaller in width than the right border. If you use photoshop you can use the slice tool to measure the pixels, thats how I do it.

Trust me, if the measurements are equal it does make a difference... :D