What do you think?

scarymonkey

Reaction score
Hello,

Currently I'm using photoshop to do my table / graphic splices for my page layout, however loading each graphic in a table is fairly slow and looks terrible when it's loading up (bits of empty spaces everywhere)

Is there a quicker / better way to do my layout instead in future?

Thanks!!!
www.timimagery.com

birrdesigns

Reaction score
nice site. I did not notice the page loading too slowly... but my computer may be faster than yours. I like to design my buttons and banners in Photoshop, but I design the page layout in Dreamweaver. You could also try designing the site in Flash, but that is a lot more involved. In dreamweaver you can design an image and set it to the background, or you can create a table and set the image as the background of the table. using either of those ways the image will load as a whole. you can then add your text and links above the image in the table. hope that helped.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was not able to load your website, but in answer to your question.

it would be much better to do your layout using divs and css. to me, it loads quicker since the browser doesn't have to get as many images, and some may call tables and slicing "defunct or depreceated (sp?)

but it all depends on your website, which I can't get to right now

monpire

Reaction score
Hello,

Currently I'm using photoshop to do my table / graphic splices for my page layout, however loading each graphic in a table is fairly slow and looks terrible when it's loading up (bits of empty spaces everywhere)

Is there a quicker / better way to do my layout instead in future?

Thanks!!!
www.timimagery.com

You can sliced them and save them as HTML/CSS also. Here's a good tutorial for CS3:

http://www.layersmagazine.com/image-slicing-in-photoshop-cs3.html

Good luck

Last edited:

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
thats great link by monpire this should be help full for you!!!