What features would you like to see?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If x10 had a user panel, what features would you like to see available in it. What are things that would make x10 better or things easier for you as a user?

-Corey

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Easier access to what? More visible what?

Specifically? ;-)

dharmil

Reaction score
make it so we change change our subdomain to a domain we gought with oput staff stupport

i am not sure what you buys are talking about is this about cpanel or the x10 members area you can login and set your info...

Mr. Pig

Reaction score
I'm very happy with this host and would much rather see the programming support (other thread) then anything else changed.

(That or uptime - but there is not much you can do about that.)

cetutnx1

Reaction score
To mi i like to see the stats in cpanel working (urchin or other else), i realy need to view this stats because... may be it won't be useful for everyone..., but i'm realy happy with things like are right now.

Also i will like a seccion in the forum to speak(write) spanish... i think that for those who don't write english will make things more easy.

PS: I'm talking in mi case ;)

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
1. Awstats back in cPanel would be cool.

2. A nice feature for people that need many SQL databases might be to instead of limiting the databases, deduct the size of these databases from the user's disk space and the same for bandwidth (deduct amount of information read from database on each user connection). You could still limit the number of databases, but perhaps to a higher number like 10 or something, still preventing obscene amounts of databases being created.

3. An option for users to auto-include the appropriate ads at the top/bottom of each page by simply checking a box in a control panel. When a user is suspended for not having ads, perhaps an account manager can put them on "probation" by forcing this option to always be on.

4. Someone else mentioned this in another topic: Purchasing extra subdomains (or parked domains, or anything limited like that) via the shop. Might be a bit tricky and would likely require account manager to "manually" add such purchases to the user's account.

5. Monthly-mailed statistics, including bandwidth, space, SQL, etc. usage emailed right to the user's inbox via email when this option is enabled. However, this might be a bit taxing on the servers depending on how many people subscribe.

Just ideas, if I think of anything else I'll edit or post back.

Colin

Reaction score
I'm confused, what do you mean by user panel? Don't we already have one, the user cp?

Last edited:

Shoelace

Reaction score
That would be cool if the same ad script code you had, was available on cpanel. So it can check if everything on the site like ads are okay. And it will see no if not, so then we can fix it. I think that would be a really helpful thing, if someone forgot one ad, and would find it easily because of that.

tikloos

Reaction score
is there a way to combine accounts anyhow?
so you get 5gb storage and 90 gb bandwidth :D

that would be really cool, but 99.9% not possible.. :(

Richard

Reaction score
We can add features to the controll panel so NedreN created one that intergrates into cPanel to give added features.

Add a news feed of important announcements from x10.

Last edited:

dharmil

Reaction score
a script that tells us if we have the adds correctly posted..

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
What do you mean combine accounts ? You are only allowed one account per person. Do you have more than one ??

tikloos said:

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
hyper89 said:
I'm confused, what do you mean by user panel? Don't we already have one, the user cp?
We're talking about another panel, where you'll be able to see anything you want. That's why we need ideas.

jusama14

Reaction score
bigguy said:
What do you mean combine accounts ? You are only allowed one account per person. Do you have more than one ??

tikloos said:

I think he means him and another user, like me for example, to combine our accounts.

Rising

Reaction score
1.) Maybe a couple more MytSQL databases
2.) Eh, maybe add more scripts into the Default-Scripts library, find some Open Source CMS's or maybe make an x10 CMS

Other than that, i see no ways to improve your hosting really, plenty of free space, your fair on ads, even fair on MySQL, but i think giving more board driven scripts, and a couple more MySQL databases would do you guys better.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Rising said:
1.) Maybe a couple more MytSQL databases
2.) Eh, maybe add more scripts into the Default-Scripts library, find some Open Source CMS's or maybe make an x10 CMS

Other than that, i see no ways to improve your hosting really, plenty of free space, your fair on ads, even fair on MySQL, but i think giving more board driven scripts, and a couple more MySQL databases would do you guys better.
You might think 5 MySQL is not that much but you can always gather make CMS, Galleries, Forums in one db, only by using different prefixes.

moose

Reaction score
If the panel will be like a user panel I'm thinking of, maybe you should link some important tutorials to it, like adding codes, intregrating ads to forums and etc so even the new people will know exactly what is expected.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
moose said:
If the panel will be like a user panel I'm thinking of, maybe you should link some important tutorials to it, like adding codes, intregrating ads to forums and etc so even the new people will know exactly what is expected.
Yeah, maybe more like Guides and also important information link to LiveHelp etc.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
hyper89 said:
Never mind.. I did not see there was a second page... Soo some one eles anwserd this..

Last edited: