What happened to my database?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlfmn63

Reaction score
When I try to access my site, I keep getting this message: Error establishing a database connection. It was fine yesterday!!! I have had no end of problems since opening this account and I'm getting very close to moving my site elsewhere. Why would I even consider upgrading while I'm getting this lousy service?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
When I try to access my site, I keep getting this message: Error establishing a database connection. It was fine yesterday!!! I have had no end of problems since opening this account and I'm getting very close to moving my site elsewhere. Why would I even consider upgrading while I'm getting this lousy service?

Did you consider reading the news section if anything is there. http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/117437-mysql-update.html

just now lotus is done.

Check the wp-config.php file for DBHost set to localhost.

If even doesn't work then

Backup first the database
goto cpanel, mysql databases and then drop the database user(Don't delete the user) and re assign to database by giving all privileges. It should work.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you use phpMyAdmin in cPanel?
If not, what error message do you get?

xerom

Reaction score
Can you use phpMyAdmin in cPanel?
If not, what error message do you get?

When I try to access phpMyAdmin I get "Wrong username/password. Access denied."

tried dropping the user from the db, and re-adding. tried adding a new user. tried adding a new database/install of wp.

:)

edu2004eu

Reaction score
are you guys on lotus? i'm getting the same. probably the upgrade isn't finished or something went wrong. don't worry, it will be fixed.

wlfmn63

Reaction score
I just came to this host in the last week because of a similar issue elsewhere. It's getting frustrating! I had heard that this host had a great reputation. Looks like I picked the wrong week to switch! I'll keep checking now and then to see if it gets back online anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.