What is going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennnnny

Reaction score
My account just got disabled for doing some illegal stuff!

Clearly the people working here don't have a clue what my website does.. why don't you carry out a full investigation before you actually disable peoples websites!

I feel sorry for you people!

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

This suspension was issued automatically by our scanner. I'll pass your dispute onto our Abuse Compliance Officer who will review the suspension manually, and hopefully get your site back up and running as soon as possible. Please understand that this is purely procedure, and is no way targeting you specifically.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It's cause your proxy sucks and saves the page being viewed to the server. When it did this, it downloaded a 1:1 copy of the Facebook front page which isn't legal, and then suspended you for that.

However, because the proxy is the only thing on the account, you've now been permanently suspended for proxies, and will not be unsuspended. Thanks for wasting my time - I love waking up to an abuse review like this one [/sarcasm]

bennnnny

Reaction score
Tell me why it's illegal to temporarily store the source code to a downloaded web page on my own server? (for future reference)

I started devoloping the proxy dismorning, it's for personal use.

Thanks, Ben.

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

a) Because it's not your page. b) Because it's our server. c) It's against the terms of service.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It wasn't downloaded to your own server. It was stored in your hosting account in x10hosting's free hosting server. x10hosting does have a say in what it allows in its servers. Copyright, trademark infringement, and phishing isn't allowed, which is what happened in your account.

The TOS also clearly says that proxies are not allowed in your account at all. It doesn't matter if it was for personal use. It shouldn't have been in your account in the first place.

Last edited:

bennnnny

Reaction score
You lot need to learn to sit back think first, then type.

I said FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!

That means when I use my OWN server.

Now tell me why that's illegal?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
It was the wording of your question.

Because the page is the property of its author. Unless you have their permission you can't store it.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Make sure you check up on, read /completely/, and follow the ToS of any service whos code you copy.

In facebook's case, Section 9 of their ToS covers what you're asking about: http://www.facebook.com/terms.php

Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites

If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website, the following additional terms apply to you:
You are responsible for your application and its content and all uses you make of Platform. This includes ensuring your application or use of Platform meets our Facebook Platform Policies and our Advertising Guidelines.
Your access to and use of data you receive from Facebook, will be limited as follows:
You will only request data you need to operate your application.
You will have a privacy policy that tells users what user data you are going to use and how you will use, display, share, or transfer that data and you will include your privacy policy URL in the Developer Application.
You will not use, display, share, or transfer a user’s data in a manner inconsistent with your privacy policy.
You will delete all data you receive from us concerning a user if the user asks you to do so, and will provide a mechanism for users to make such a request.
You will not include data you receive from us concerning a user in any advertising creative.
You will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising related toolset, even if a user consents to that transfer or use.
You will not sell user data. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you can continue to use user data within your application, but you cannot transfer user data outside of your application.
We can require you to delete user data if you use it in a way that we determine is inconsistent with users’ expectations.
We can limit your access to data.
You will comply with all other restrictions contained in our Facebook Platform Policies.
You will not give us information that you independently collect from a user or a user's content without that user's consent.
You will make it easy for users to remove or disconnect from your application.
You will make it easy for users to contact you. We can also share your email address with users and others claiming that you have infringed or otherwise violated their rights.
You will provide customer support for your application.
You will not show third party ads or web search boxes on Facebook.
We give you all rights necessary to use the code, APIs, data, and tools you receive from us.
You will not sell, transfer, or sublicense our code, APIs, or tools to anyone.
You will not misrepresent your relationship with Facebook to others.
You may use the logos we make available to developers or issue a press release or other public statement so long as you follow our Facebook Platform Policies.
We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
You will comply with all applicable laws. In particular you will (if applicable):
have a policy for removing infringing content and terminating repeat infringers that complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
comply with the Video Privacy Protection Act ("VPPA"), and obtain any opt-in consent necessary from users so that user data subject to the VPPA may be shared on Facebook. You represent that any disclosure to us will not be incidental to the ordinary course of your business.
We do not guarantee that Platform will always be free.
You give us all rights necessary to enable your application to work with Facebook, including the right to incorporate content and information you provide to us into streams, profiles, and user action stories.
You give us the right to link to or frame your application, and place content, including ads, around your application.
We can analyze your application, content, and data for any purpose, including commercial (such as for targeting the delivery of advertisements and indexing content for search).
To ensure your application is safe for users, we can audit it.
We can create applications that offer similar features and services to, or otherwise compete with, your application.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That, and this is not your own server. This is ours, and we explicitly disallow proxies. End of story, ticket closed, reopening it would be unwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.