What prog do you use for graphic/sig making?

haqzombie

Reaction score
I'm interested in trying my hand at graphics/sig/avatars and such, and I wanted to know what people use. I have no experience in graphic design, so possible links to tutorials and such would be great...

haqzombie

Reaction score
K so far it seems to be a united decision here...but now all I need are some tuts to get me goin...basic ones are fine for now...any ideas? I'll google it too see what I come up with.

haqzombie

Reaction score
Yeah I was just there...I also found an amazing tut site for ps called www.pslover.com. There's literaly 100 pages of ps tuts...this is gonna take me a bit...

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I use photoshop as well *the newest one, I forget the version* Even though I have only made the avatar Im using right now. I really need to practice some more.

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
i use fireworks, and i find it better than photoshop since i have been using it since its release... but photoshop its good 2, it just takes a while to load

masterchief3k

Reaction score
USE THE GIMP! its a free photoshop alternative, and its open-source..i think..i use photoshop and paintshop pro, but i use PSP the most.

Trailmix

Reaction score
I combine Fireworks and Adobe Photoshop. Like I would make one part of a sig in Adobe, then finish it with some important touches in Firefox. Both of them lack features but the other one makes up for it. However, I use Adobe more since it has a lot more other features.

n4tec

Reaction score
I use Photoshop to make my graphics and sigs..

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
adobe photoshop 7... greatest program in the world
i wish i had adobe photoshop cs :(

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I use photoshop 7 but when I get home from my vacation I will have Adobe Photoshop CS! WOOT!

onixz100

Reaction score
I mainly use what almost everybody else uses. Photoshop 7.0 or Photoshop CS 2 depending on where I am at the moment.

Also, if you're not up for spending hundreds of dollars on this high end program, you can try Jasc's Paint Shop Pro. It is very good, I used to use it before I converted into Photoshop. It's basically ALL the same, layers, all the same filters but the only difference is the name. Even all the toolbars and palettes look identical but its not an illegal copy or anything. It is completely real.

I think the only thing its missing are those really really high end options in tools that the general consumer doesn't even use anyways.

Good luck on sig making :) :phone:

chaganlal1

Reaction score
I use Photoshop CS 2 and THE GIMP even though im not good at making graphics. I use to use paint shop pro. But that was before i knew about photoshop :)