What wakes you up?

FalseHope

Reaction score
What gets you to actually wake up in the morning, I don't mean an alarm clock of some sort, I mean like coffee or something like that. So, what wakes you up? :)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Dunkin Donuts Medium Regular:)!

sumitmehta

Reaction score
The curiosity of learning asp.net nowadays wakes me up. Otherwise I am a lazy person and don't wake up that early.:drool:

oiwio

Reaction score
I dont wake up, and am often half asleep during class (even P.E.)

sunils

Reaction score
the thought of completing my website within the stipulated time wakes me up.

intertec

Reaction score
I eat a massive bowl of cornflakes with a banana and tip it off with a coffee!

dwd2000

Reaction score
Morning?
What's that?
I work from 2:00 pm to 10:00pm., Wednesday to Sunday.
I usually go to sleep around 4:00am or 5:00am, and wake up about noon.
To answer your question: COFFEE, cigarettes, and more COFFEE. (black with two sugar, please)

Foxhound

Reaction score
I eat an apple to wake me up. The natural sugars in an apple have proven to be as effective if not more effective than your average cup of coffee. The previous statement is true of course assuming that the dilution of your coffee fits the standard as to what is a serving of one cup of coffee. Soometimes though knowing that I am running late wakes me up pretty fast because paying for classes is a huge motivator as to why I should show up to them.

jstine35

Reaction score
On a regular basis - caffeine. I drag myself out of bed and get ready for work, get the kids ready for school, etc. But I don't feel especially "awake" until I get the caffeine going.

Occasionally, I will be woken up by the dog barking, a child screaming or crying due to a bad dream, etc. Those are the adrenaline-types of wake ups that don't necessarily need the caffeine until the adrenaline level goes down. ;)

Neat question!

Jennifer

otherside

Reaction score
I think thats kind of asking like what makes you blink, one your eyes need to so we'll chalk that up to your body going to long without blinking (or in the sleep case, to long with sleeping), something may scare you causing a blink (or wake up), and a general loud stimulus (if you've gone to a really loud concert, you may blink every time they hit the bass drum, but it doesn't scare you), so likewise hearing construction my not scare you but it will wake you up. So thats my answer, a multitude of things! I'd say the most natural, however is due to our circadian rhythm, our body has received the sleep it needs so it wakes up.
-kilon828

intenex

Reaction score
Interesting question. I haven't gotten a single night of good sleep in this entire school year (went 30 hours without sleep week of finals, constantly stay up until 3 or 4 am), yet I am always awake in class. I am never tired (though if I go long enough without sleep I get a little dull), and am usually hyperactive (it's been proven that sleep deprivation leads to something akin to ADHD). After waking up (wasted) and taking a shower (mentally preparing myself for the day), I'm usually ready to go.

___

BlackQuantum

Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG

Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
BlackQuantum.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG

Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG

Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG

mors_

Reaction score
I know what you mean about the hyperactivity. If I do not get enough sleep I tend to be really alert, but really distracted. That being said, once I get out of bed I am usually quite awake.

Mitch

Reaction score
I think time, but mostly is it is my alarm. And a x10 Promo Contest.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It depends. Sometimes it's me receiving IMs in the middle of the night, other times my alarm clock, but mostly time.