Whats the best PC?

randomtr

Banned
Reaction score
Well I plan on getting a new computer in february. But whats the best kind. and whos the best company?

I have a dell xp now. But it runs slow. I donw want a mac cause you cant play alot of computer games on them and they suck. Should i get a pentium or what? Can some one please tell me their favorite brands of cpus and what I should get?

Last edited:

elite1percent

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of AMD. It performs great and you can make an awesome computer fairly inexspensive. But before we can throw names and things around what are you wanting to spend and what are you wanting to do with it. Do you want to buy it already built or do you want to do it yourself? Let us know.

randomtr

Banned
Reaction score
Um I wnat to use it to make my sites and play pc games. I want it to have like aton of ram I want it built already yes.

N

Nathan

Macs don't suck, you just can't handle those Apples. AMD with 512mbs of RAM and a 128mb ATi card should fix you.

randomtr

Banned
Reaction score
Ill try that out I hope it will work. Maybe Ill go to buisness depot check everything out tommorow.

Last edited:

dsfreak

Reaction score
I, personally, like Alienwware. I comes preconfigured, and they are built for gaming. You choose what you want on the computer, or buy it the way they have it. I also like Intel Pentium 4 w/HT, which proves great with games. Gfx card should be nvidia, or ATI. Hope this helps.

elite1percent

Reaction score
Price range??? Macs don't suck thats true. They have their purpose. But since he stated gaming is one of his inteneded uses they are subpar. Game makers just don't release games quick enough for them to be a gaming computer.

This one is good. You can save some money by taking some of the pretty things and choosing non pretty versions.

My personal changes to the computer to optimize performance and play down looks and keep the base systems price close to what it was are as followed by section.
Case: Bump it down to ATX MEDIUM TOWER CASE 350 WATT save $20
Neon Light: Just say no. Default choice.
Power Supply: Default.
CPU: Default.
Free Game: Why not????
Fans: Upgrade to AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS. loose $3 dollars and piece of mind that the system will stay cool
Motherboard: Sckt939)MSI K8N NEO4-F nForce4 Chipset SATA Raid PCI-E w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio I just like MSI better than default. I have a puter with this board and no problems. $0 change
Memory: Default is fine.
Video Card: Default is fine or you can switch to the ATI version for 1 more dollar. Its a matter of taste. No real need to upgrade the video card any further than default unless your just dying to have the best.
Video Card 2: Trust me you don't need it so don't. Default is what you go with.
Monitor: Default is not fine. There isn't a monitor with this system. This is completely up to you. You probably won't notice much of a difference. You could just keep your current one. I do have a like for flats. ViewSonic is the brand I trust BTW.
Hard Drive: Its up to you but I'd save some money and drop the 200 down for something a little more reasonable in size. I don't use 200 I'd say youd be fine with 80 but you know your useage better than I do. I trust Maxtor or Western Digital.
Hard Drive 2: Default you don't need raid or more space.
Raid: None. Default
Optical Drive 1: Default
Optical Drive 2: Default These choice are fine for most users.
Sound: Default. The sound on this board is fine.
Speakers: Default is fine. Great surround sound.
Network: Default is fine.
Modem: Default unless your dial up then take your pic.
The rest of the choices on page 2 and 3 are fine at default. Possibly only suggestions would be undersoftware I like Office better than works and Mcafee is worth the extra doe. Theses are both up to you and without them your total is 919.00 with added software its 1093.00

randomtr

Banned
Reaction score
OMG THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!! Those facts really help Ill use them when i go in february and by my computer ill printnt this page !

FeestBijtje

Reaction score
None of the pc's are the best.
Every day there is some thing new with is faster.
If you got 14 miliards of dollars you can buy the NASA Systems and 240 for the latest G-Force.

And even if you have it.
Every peace of hardware has plus and minus things*
Like ATI, drivers sucks and its un stable but its great at reflection mapping.
And GForce... Drivers are better then ATI but it renders less fast then ATI, and renders perfectly opengl.

darkuranium

Reaction score
GeForce 6800
AMD Athlon 64
Asus motherboard
LG DVD+/-RW
Classic keyboard, NOT WIRELESS (Wireless is a pain in the *** cause of the batteries, and they don't perform well in the games. And I prefer non-multimedia, but that's only my preferance)
Classic optical mouse, NOT WIRELESS (Same as keyboard with wireless, and I don't need 50 buttons on it. Just 2 buttons and a mouse wheel/middle button in one. Optical mouses need less cleaning.)
YUMMY:drool:

FeestBijtje

Reaction score
darkuranium said:
GeForce 6800
AMD Athlon 64
Asus motherboard
LG DVD+/-RW
Classic keyboard, NOT WIRELESS (Wireless is a pain in the *** cause of the batteries, and they don't perform well in the games. And I prefer non-multimedia, but that's only my preferance)
Classic optical mouse, NOT WIRELESS (Same as keyboard with wireless, and I don't need 50 buttons on it. Just 2 buttons and a mouse wheel/middle button in one. Optical mouses need less cleaning.)
YUMMY:drool:
Thats not one of the best settings but still ^^
Its a good performance for a gamer :)

randomtr

Banned
Reaction score
Ye. Im really into gaming and site making. So i need a good computer that speacialize in either one or both if im lucky!

N

Nathan

FeestBijtje said:
Like ATI, drivers sucks and its un stable but its great at reflection mapping.
And GForce... Drivers are better then ATI but it renders less fast then ATI, and renders perfectly opengl.

That's true, TWO YEARS AGO. Get with the system, ATi has better drivers now than nVidia.

B

Brandon

Dell, HP, Compaq they never have a gaming system.

P.S. randomtr where is my banner

N

Nathan

DesertWar said:
Dell, HP, Compaq they never have a gaming system.

P.S. randomtr where is my banner

Dell is pulling back in the martket, the XPS 2 desktop and laptop along with their monitors have scored super high ratings in ComputerGamingWorld and PCMagazine. HP, no one really cares and Compaq and go to Hell.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
dsfreak said:
I, personally, like Alienwware. I comes preconfigured, and they are built for gaming. You choose what you want on the computer, or buy it the way they have it. I also like Intel Pentium 4 w/HT, which proves great with games. Gfx card should be nvidia, or ATI. Hope this helps.

alienware? way overpriced.. my friend's alienware cooling system broke and it caught fire
luckily it was under warranty but he lost a ton of files he had

why spend so much money on a brand name computer? just buy yourself a customized hp or dell or something.. however, over the years, ive found sony to be the most reliable. ive never had it crash in my entire life, whereas my parents hp has required repair often

just cram it with ram and a good processor, preferably an intel pent. 4 w/ ht with a nice nvidia graphics card..

Last edited:

randomtr

Banned
Reaction score
Ill write all this down. Ill try and narrow some down now. Desertwar your banner is there. And if you say its not gimme screenshot!

FeestBijtje

Reaction score
Just remember...
Every thing changes.
Leaves of tree's, music, sound, hearing, feeling, love, sensation, and even sex or kissing.

So it is with computers