What's The use of....

Status
Not open for further replies.

athan0000

Reaction score
What's The use of.... knowing the current online/downtime status of x10? Yes it does help others by letting them become aware, but I mean, isn't just frustrating seeing ftp/cpanel/mysql/etc. online while the more important http is down? c'mon... :tear:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that particular aspect can be frustrating, but I'm guessing the hopes of having those indicators available to the public is to stop the "attack of the is-the-server-down posts." It'd make sense too, there were tons of posts from the dns issues, and a bunch from every other downtime session x10 had...

But yes it is annoying to see that everything BUT http is down. But at least it's an attempt at stopping the forums from going nuts when the host goes down for a bit :)

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
um, its so you guys dont go crazy and spam us about your account not working... well mostly... and its just there are soo many accounts and it is hard on the server :(

pooor server....

Y

ymca

do you know the capasity of the server so it will not have a hard time for the server?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
well, there are alot of accounts that need to be terminated like 700 at least, i terminated 200 by hand then said screw it and me and nedren are making a script to auto-terminate all accounts that were suspended before a certain date. it should clear up some server stability issues... hopefully.

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
DarkD45 said:
well, there are alot of accounts that need to be terminated like 700 at least, i terminated 200 by hand then said screw it and me and nedren are making a script to auto-terminate all accounts that were suspended before a certain date. it should clear up some server stability issues... hopefully.

haha

plus just incase your are picky you can backup your files.

Leon1

Reaction score
DarkD45 said:

Can you explain a little bit more about the script please, i think we really need to be aware of that script, that it can't make a wrong choices cause nobody want to lose their account anyway

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
dont worry about the script we'll run it without the deletion capability probobly until we know 100% sure it will not delete anyones account...

1) the script double (almost triple) checks to make sure your account is currently suspended threw WHM and JM.

2) it will take all the accounts it knows are there and will check to see if they were suspended before the time it is set to terminate.

3) it will terminate those accounts that were suspended before the time (using unix timestamp conversions) and it will then pass over those not suspended and those that were not suspended in the time frame.

4) we are going to run this script threw many times without it deleting anything (simply leaving out code) to make sure its 100% acurate and no accounts will be lost that are not ment to.

I know it may be like ?OH NO* something might not work right... but we will be making sure it works before we try to delete accounts with it.

i hope that helps you understand it a bit more, but thats pretty much what it does.

Leon1

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, that wuold make me understand more about the script

athan0000

Reaction score
DarkD45 said:

I thought when you had a server wipe-up last year (we're down for a weeek) everything will be ok since unused accounts will be deleted... and now theres still 700 at least to be terminated... wow... i guess you should stop accepting new accounts for the meantime until these scrap accounts are all deleted... :hsughno:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
We accept 10 random accounts per night. We opened sign ups back in, (I think), at the end of November.. People should just stop signing up then forgetting about their account. ;-)

A few of the staff members and I have a few custom scripts in place now to manage accounts more efficiently, so this really shouldn't be happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.