Why does this keep happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nchgaming

Reaction score
Why is my site down so often? why is it that when it goes down, I can't find any answers as to why? Why is it that when I have found links in the past that gave me a server status, even though inconsistent, they too vanish?
Help seems easy to find.... until you have your site vanish... then... "submit a ticket"... I just reopen the last one (only a day or to old usually)
Is there any updated news or status... and if so where is it?
I NEED to move my site to a more STABLE server/service, any suggestions?

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Honestly, X10 is the best I've found. There must be some problems behind the scene right now, and I've seen this happen before, but they have always been corrected within reasonable time.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is FREE HOSTING. my site is up 24/7/365.25. I don't know what server you are in, but it's probably your ISP.

Also, if you don't like it, LEAVE. it's not like we are losing a customer by a free hosting subscriber leaving because their site goes down a few times...

markhere

Reaction score
Your on the absolut server so more than likely the server is up and down quite a bit. If your site is a must then you will need to pay for hosting even though some of these are dodgy services. There are some good ones out there though.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
what do you mean "Dodgy Services" ?

/me laughs

markhere

Reaction score
Sorry your from the US. Dodgy means not very good, beware of. In this instance using dodgy to refer to stability of server where many paid servers can have as much downtime as free servers.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I know what dodgy means, just didn't know how you were using it. :p

Reaction score
You shouldn't be complaining to x10Hosting about servers being down. You should complain to the users on it who are abusing it to make it unstable and down. Obviously these are dealt with.

Whether it's good customer service or not do you think admins really have time to explain all server outages? At the moment things are very busy behind the scenes and it's surprising just how much work is required.

Have you seen what you're getting for FREE? You'd struggle to find similar packages for even a cheap price elsewhere.

Last edited:

nchgaming

Reaction score
I just wrote a lenghty apology for my previous post, trying to explain some things (ON X10"s behalf).... but appearantly took to long ... and when I "review" to check for typo's...I got the login screen... so...maybe another time...

*edit* (cookie expiration too short)

Last edited:

bhnurse

Reaction score
Honestly, X10 is the best I've found. There must be some problems behind the scene right now, and I've seen this happen before, but they have always been corrected within reasonable time.

personaly, i do agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.