WHY isn't ANYONE addressing the problem with ABSOLUT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nchgaming

Reaction score
It's been several days now, AND I have also submitted a trouble ticket. I have NOT been able to find ANY info or support. Why is Absolut out? and MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHY is there NO INFORMATION available about the server???
Come on now guys.... It's NOT that hard to at least TELL people it's BROKEN, and what we can expect (timeframe)
I don't really mind the site beoing down anywhere near as much as I do about the WHY! and the SEVERE LACK OF INFORMATION!

SEVERE LACK OF INFORMATION!

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree. I'd at least like to know what the problem is.

skilondon

Reaction score
Im in the same boat. I have hunted the forums and found no information about either downtime or planned maintenance. I have also submitted a ticket with no reply to date.

Have just checked my emails and have had a reply to my ticket saying that they are aware and working on it

Im not really bothered about the site being down as it free hosting ( and normally great free hosting at that)

If I may suggest a 1 liner to say acknowledge the problem with absolut.
I cant do anything to help but if an admin/mod can copy this into a new thread in "server alerts" I have at least tried to do my bit

Absolut server has been down for the last couple of days. we are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the issue.
Please do not submit any support tickets or posts as they simply clog up the forums.

SKIlondon

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
From what I can tell, Absolut is undergoing routine maintenance or updates; this maintenance is vital for the security and speed of your website. It is a bit frustrating, but I don't mind trading a few days of downtime for a better user experience in time to come.

I suppose the phrase 'You get what you pay for' applies here; we pay nothing, so essentially we should be getting nothing, but the good will of x10 gives us this free hosting opportunity.

I do partly agree though, a notice might be nice, but I am sure there is a valid reason for the current notice deficiency .

Eon-Rider

Reaction score
My website seems to be back up for now and I'm on Absolut. Anyone else?

jbacob07

Reaction score
It seems that it was fixed this morning but its offline again and they might not be aware of it. You might give them a call and let them know that something happend again.

-Corey wrote today @ 03:13 AM
I believe we have found the issue with Apache on Absolut. It seems there is a problem with frontpage. I am going to update cPanel and then recompile Apache on Absolut. I'm also going to disable front page support until we have a permanent fix that does not make it unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.