Why not set up a Twitter account just to blast out status updates?

nerotic

Reaction score
Just in the cases of outages, and have it link to a hosted page that duplicates that info.

Would save the community advocates and staff a ton of effort :)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a good idea, but the problem is people still won't check it. Half of the threads here are duplicates, and could have been answered by the one before.

nerotic

Reaction score
Well not on day one, people would have to get used to it but you can just make a sticky in big bold letters that says "****!!!! OUTAGE INFORMATION !!!!!*****

Should help somewhat :)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the "me, me!" reflex of people usually means they dive straight for the open ticket button. I do like the idea though. :)
This would be better in Feedback and Suggestions. Hopefully a moderator will see it and move it. I don't have mod privileges.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

kadai

Reaction score
I agree with stpvoice, people have get used to do not read and demand their issues to get solved as soon as possible with the less effort from their side.

User that are smart enough (or at least have the valuable skill of reading and analyse) will just read the forums and search elsewhere before to actually ask.

You may make the "Outrage" topic sticky and ask everyone to read it, but the awful truth is that most of the user will never read it, even if that explains clearly how to solve the problem.

Best thing to do at this times?
Sit and wait. Having a little interruption on this service is nothing compared with the overall quality.