Why the portuguese language is not allowed?

Pantalassa

Reaction score
Could this portuguese language be included on the TOS, someday? Perhaps a few volunteers from Portugal, Brazil or even spanish speakers can help to look after this?

I know what you are going to say (this is another request for a language to be included), but I am asking this because spanish is already allowed here, and portuguese is very similar, this is enough reason why should be included.

I can understand why languages like russian, german and others are not.

So it doesn't make much sense that portuguese language is not allowed. If you get what I mean.

Last edited:

cowctcat

Reaction score
pntalassa,
the reason that other languages are not allowed is because that there would have to be enough staff members to support and check websites written in those languages

michael9

Reaction score
pntalassa,
the reason that other languages are not allowed is because that there would have to be enough staff members to support and check websites written in those languages

Yes, but the argument still stands that Portuguese is much like Spanish. In turn, the Spanish speaking staff should be able to check the website. I can see his point, but there are differences between the two languages.

Sincerely,
Michael

Pantalassa

Reaction score
Sure both languages are different, to be honest, today I am able to understand quite a bit of english, but if you introduce me a person who speaks spanish, I will hardly understand a word they are saying (the same applies to people who speaks english too fast from the news).

But this is my limitation, I am not that good with my ears, I am better reading something than listening.

I speak brazilian portuguese, which is almost identical to Portuguese (from Portugal), unless for a few words and expressions, it's not that hard to understand them (spanish included). So, if it's not for now, this language might be considered someday.

For the record, those are the most spoken languages in the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers