Windows Live Mail desktop

akami50

Reaction score
I hope that you test Windows Live Mail desktop, it replace Outlook Express.
the nice news of Microsoft it is for the accounts free of Hotmail and MSN; can send and receive messages and working Online/Of (+ other email : google, Yahoo! …)
any new builds that are released for WLMd will also Be available through Microsoft Update.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I hope that you test Windows Live Mail desktop, it replace Outlook Express.
the nice news of Microsoft it is for the accounts free of Hotmail and MSN; can send and receive messages and working Online/Of (+ other email : google, Yahoo! …)
any new builds that are released for WLMd will also Be available through Microsoft Update.

Mind giving a link to download and test it? ( So I can be lazy and not have to look it up myself? )

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I used it for a few days, but thunderbird is way better. I hate the ads that are shown on the side.

Zenax

Reaction score
i tried hooking my version of thunderbird up to my Live Mail Account, and all I get is host connected, negative vibes from (my email addy here)

but nevermind, I might try this out and see what it is like!

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
I've only had a short play around with it, But I like it!

No need to open IE7 to check emails ever again!
And it works perfectly with FREE hotmail (live mail) accounts. So its all good.

and it looks as if, with this, I might actually start to use RSS more often.

I don't mind the ads down the side, after all, it IS M$ and they ARE allowing you to use free acounts with it.

Though, strangely, the calender doesn't work inside it, it just logs you into the MSN hotmail calender. Weird. But, i never use that feature anyway.

Feels sorta, 'Vista-ry' as well.

Zenax

Reaction score
Just tried it on right now. Amazing! I like the look and feel of the program. It was also very easy to set up!

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
this program have ads inside ? better I choose thunder bird

Yes. But it is minimal. I hardly even notice when I use it. Its not like its something that stands out and flashes at you, distracting you from your work ... but I agree with Zenax, I happen to think its amazing. Its a lot better than Outlook Express, it allows me to check hotmail and my private domain e-mails.

azntechguy

Reaction score
Only this week I've started to use Thunderbird + Webmail extension. Is it really that good for me to consider ditching it and trying this one? LOL

Zenax

Reaction score
well when I tried the web mail extension on the thunderbird program, I could not get it to work. So I have switched over to Windows Live Desktop, and to be honest the ads on the inside don't really bother me that much anyway!

They are very minimal, and its not like theres one on each side of the box is there?