Windows XP problem

Chirantha

Reaction score
Hi this this my first post :D

I am making a Web Site with Macromidia Dreem Weever and I added flash animations to it. BUt the Problem is that when the site is vewed and the flash animation stop showing and a bar pops on the top saying that the page is trying to access my computer ( Even if its in the computer alrady ). How do I stop this (I think there should be a certifect for it) but how do I get one?

Please Help
Thank you,
Chirantha

ss128

Reaction score
THe only way i know of is to just live with the bar, or tell XP in your control panel to automatically download active content.

dipeshsilwal1

Reaction score
the only way i know is tht....just right click in the pop-up and click in allow the pop-up and that should work...

i think this helped you..

softmania

:D

ezauctions

Reaction score
you should click the bar to allow Downloading of Active content.... if your browser has never loaded the active content it would not know about it.... Dream Weaver knows...but not IE...as soon as you download the active all will work normal after that

chaganlal1

Reaction score
But in internet explorer all active x controls arent loaded well not on mine, and firefox just sucks. They always ask me for some kind of plug in?

n4tec

Reaction score
Do you have the lastest version of Flash? If No get the lastest and try...

NewFuture

Reaction score
well that bar shows probably because you have microsoft service pack 2 installed on your pc, it is showing because the flash files in your site are active content (activex) and the microsft firewall and popup blocker tool which comes with this service pack to is asking you do you want these activex to run (do you want these flash files to run), yes you do because you know they are yours and are safe to use. to make the activex run right click on the bar and it should say let run or something like that, yes do install latest macromedia flash and shockwave which can be found here:

Macromedia Flash Player
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Shockwave
http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/triggerpages_mmcom/default.html

it would be a help if you sent a screenshot of the problem, then i know exactly what the message is saying

limelight

Reaction score
I think you need to upload the flash. But that's just my newbie thinking.