Wordpress error, since three weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

friction

Reaction score
this is the problem that i have been facing past 3 weeks, i cant seem to get thru my website, the data is not accessible, i cannot update anything.

pl do something

username :friction / yashraj
@ciroc
www.xfriction.com

>>>

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.
  • Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

Chris73

Reaction score
What database do you currently have your wordpress set to? mysql.x10hosting or "localhost"?

satbir

Reaction score
First you have to change following line in wp-config.php to change database host as follows:

From
define('DB_HOST', 'mysql.x10hosting ');
to

define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

Also check what are rights on the directory in which wordpress. Somehow in my case rights on that directory was set to 644 instead you need to change that to 755.

With these two changes my site started working.

friction

Reaction score
tired gettin to my website
now the url xfriction.com wont work.

godddddddddddddddddddddd
once the serve is up i'll try this out
thank u mate
Edit:
FInally i could get thru the server,
heres wat the wp_config.php file said

the original was
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

Now what do i change it to ?
Edit:
Permission were 755
the line in wpconfig was define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

basically everything is right as per the suggestions above.
still the same problem

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

Last edited:

friction

Reaction score
Permission were 755
the line in wpconfig was define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

basically everything is right as per the suggestions above.
still the same problem

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Currently Cossacks is undergoing maintenance. This might take a few days and you will be unable to resolve your issues until then. We regret the inconvenience.

friction

Reaction score
Currently Cossacks is undergoing maintenance. This might take a few days and you will be unable to resolve your issues until then. We regret the inconvenience.

That sound ok
But its been a month now, all my work is halted , the website is not accessible, plus its not making any sense hosting a magazine.

Hope this is sorted out, i am sitting ducks here just waiting for the issue to be sorted out, pl get this sorted out soon.

Hope for the best
thank u
Edit:
Again the server is down, cant log in to the cpanel or access my website.
www.xfriction.com

Last edited:

friction

Reaction score
Still the same problem, its been over a month, i cant really do anything
have tried everything

cant wait longer, can someone pl tell us what is happening?
I know there is a server upgrade and shifting going on, but why has this affected the internal scripts, the config files, i mean i cant see a sensible solution to this, pl can any one of the account managers or corey himself pl tell me what to do

the domain stops functioning, the ftp screws up, and the config files are messed up, i have gone thru every damn post regarding the issue, i still dont see any light in them

this is getting panicky , pl help

the error is :

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.:dunno:

thegodkingsatanx

Reaction score
you got owned, what is your php upgrade level? is it intermediate? mine isn't, and i get php errors, my upgrade is still pending since forever, i use to run wordpress, and it shows that error if theres any problem with mySQL and/or php config, try uploading the wordpress package in another another paid hosting account, and see how that plays out

Chris73

Reaction score
I would suggest recreating the DB. Make sure you have proper user name and password set to access the database.

friction

Reaction score
Now thats tough
u men i let og of my old database and work?
for something that i havent done?

huh

pl explain

Status
Not open for further replies.