wordpress help

motokruisers

Reaction score
hi guys i need a little help. i think its time for my home page to have a blog now im installing wordpress thru fantastico. after install it in the www.mysite.com without putting a sub directory because i want it to come out when i type the site. the problem is after i install it i dont see it when i type my website address it still shows the old one. how do i make it as my index/main page? do i have to put "index" in the sub directory before i click final install?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You can either install wordpress to the main directory, or you can have a redirect, so when someone types in your site it directs them to the wordpress directory. Whichever you want to do I can help you with.

motokruisers

Reaction score
thanks for replying tyler, when install it, its asking me the installion location. so what i do is just install it on domain and leave the "install in directory" blank but when i do this and installs it. i go and type my web adress but i dont see wordpress i still see my old index.html page. so do i put "index" in the "install directory" for the word pres to show up?

motokruisers

Reaction score
well i installed in in a home folder now im setting it up but my problem is i cant seem to link forum,gallery etc. on top of my page this is the code im using for linking my gallery
<a href="www.motokruisers.com/gallery/">Gallery</a> &nbsp;&nbsp;
basically i want "Gallery" to link to my sites gallery but it dosent seem to work. pls. help guys so i can put my new front page up already

taco|

Reaction score
Where are you putting that link? If you want it on your WordPress links, go to the links section and add it.

To make it so it doesn't display your old index, if you still have the index.html you could just delete it..

motokruisers

Reaction score
tacol checkout the site its motokruisers.com/home and look at the very top do you see the 4 link? forum, gallery, etc. i basically want to add whats that work hyperlink i think, ive been asking question and they say i have to modify the header.php but i cant seem to make it work. i think your talking about link categories in the wordpress admin config but those are not it. its the skin is called minimaplus it came with 4 links on top that you can modify by chang the header file. also thanks about that deleting the index.html

Last edited:

motokruisers

Reaction score
thanks for all the help i finally got my page up now if any mods can help me put the ad code because i dont want my account to get suspended. if possible put it in the sidebar below search check my webpage out guys motokruisers.com. a little dull right now but will update it soon.