Wordpress update

Jimsson

Reaction score
Hey!

I installed wordpress a couple of weeks ago and now it seems there is an update because there is a please update now button! :happysad: so now i'm wondering how do i update? through fantastico de luxe or manually through the file manager?

Thanks
Jimsson

jensen

Reaction score
Updating Wordpress would depend on how you installed it. If you used fantastico, then you have to wait for fantastico to tell you that you can update it. When you go into fantastico, and click on the WordPress, it will tell you that you can update WordPress.

If you installed it yourself, then you can download the latest update from WordPress.org then upload it to your site after you have deleted the wp-includes and wp-admin folders. Hmm.. It's on the website. http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress

It's getting easier to update WordPress now. There's the automatic updating script which you can read on the above page.

Jimsson

Reaction score
okay, thanks! :) i'll just have to wait for that update then i guess!

kiranee

Reaction score
i think you can either wait for the fantastico upgrade or you can just upgrade it by yourself manually.. in my part i tried upgrading it manually, and nothing happens, but its best to back up your wordpress before you manually upgrade it just in case.. ^_^

kkenny

Reaction score
Upgrading it manually may confuse Fantastico a bit if you first installed it with Fantastico, so either if you installed with Fantas. update with Fantas, and if you installed manually update manually.