World of Goo

zapzack

Reaction score
Have you guy's tried World of Goo?

"World of Goo is a physics based puzzle / construction game. The millions of Goo Balls who live in the beautiful World of Goo don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious."

I got this game through the MacHeist bundle and have been playing it ever since.. It is a very addictive game, especially if you have OCD.. The whole point of the game is to build structures to get to a goo-collecting pipe. But, you have to pass obstacles to get to this pipe.. The game starts out very easy, and gets hard when you get to the 3rd and 4th worlds.. Demo's are available here. If you like Physics games be sure to check it out.

http://2dboy.com/games.php

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
My complaint with this one is it's too bloody short - 6 hours and I got through it, although I had seen a buddy play through a few of the levels on the Wii (so I had essentially gotten a walkthrough on 4 or 5 of the difficult levels).

I can't imagine playing this on a Wii though - some levels need reeeeely precise controls, and as much as I love that the Wii has a pointer, it just seems a bit unruly whenever I tried to use it.

But other than that, the game deserves 10/10 for originality and creative puzzle design :)

sathanna

Prime Account
Reaction score
World of Goo is awesome! I played it on the computer some months ago, I think. Very fun, and very original.
I suppose you could say it's a bit short... It's always sad when you want to play a game more but it's already over. :happysad:
Hmm... It's been a while since I last played it. I should go back and play it over.

zapzack

Reaction score
Have you guy's tried playing it again but trying to get OCD? It makes it much harder.

sathanna

Prime Account
Reaction score
I can never get OCD xD well, maybe on a few of the easier levels. I usually miss it by a few. >_

thunderwolf1989

Reaction score
lol... World of Goo is quite fun... I managed to get the OCD on several levels, but far from all...

acefire

Reaction score
I had a friend show me this... such a weird game! I guess its pretty cool though.

Didn't look particularly challenging, but it was one of the lower levels.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a friend show me this... such a weird game! I guess its pretty cool though.

Didn't look particularly challenging, but it was one of the lower levels.

With some thought it's actually not a difficult game at all.

Until you go for OCD on all levels; the OCD requirements take the game from "easy with moderate levels of thinking" to "insane with astronomical levels of conservation of time and goo," if only because some levels require you to complete it in less than X moves, while others in less than Y time, and in others still you need to collect Z goo-balls.

There's a nice trick I'ma spoil here though: the level Welcoming Unit (Chapter 2 Level 4) has a goo-chain used for an unknown purpose, but you can stick some of the green goo's onto it to carry the majority of the free black gooballs over to the other side (it's basically a Customs Check machine for immigrating Goos, or something).

If you wait until all the goos are over to the other side, you can use a green goo on the -wrong- side of the chain and cause the chain itself to break, netting you the required number of goo's to meet the OCD requirements - without the black goos from the chain, you don't have enough to meet OCD :)

Clever designers, eh?

Clinton

Reaction score
Visually I think it's interesting, it's just not my type of niche game.