worlds largest swimming pool

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
In the South American resort of San Alfonso del Mar in Chile, this artificial lagoon and swimming pool is eight hectares in size and contains an incredible 250,000 cubic meters of water. Acknowledged by Guinness World Records as being the world’s largest swimming pool, the lagoon trounces all other record holders in the category, including the Orthlieb pool in Casablanca, Morocco, itself a huge 150 meters by 100 meters – the San Alfonso pool is 1km in length. The revolutionary clear water artificial lagoons, transparent to a depth of 35 meters and unprecedented in design and construction methods, are the brainchild of Crystal Lagoons founder, biochemist and Chilean businessman Fernando Fischmann. Equivalent in size to an incredible 6,000 standard domestic pools, details of its technology are to be unveiled for the first time at Cityscape Dubai later this month.

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
Thank you or the reply, that swimming pool is in the guiness book of world record.

Staind1982

Reaction score
I thought the Pacific Ocean was the worlds largest swimming pool. :biggrin:

t2t2t

Reaction score
1475574486_ef4ebb4d5d_o.jpg

swimmingPool0.jpg

swimmingPool3.jpg

swimmingPool5.jpg

swimmingPool.jpg

swimmingPool6.jpg

Source: http://spluch.blogspot.com/2007/10/worlds-largest-swimming-pool.html

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
kinda old 'news'.

i saw that a month ago.
Anyways, this pool will be destroyed in some years.
its right at ocean's side. Since every year ocean's are increasing size due melting ice in polar areas, ocean will drag it in no time hweheh

worhund

Reaction score
Wow, it looks really cool :-D
It should be great to swim there :p

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
isn't this smart...lets build the largest pool..rite next to a gigantic ocean...so that people that have the ocean already, can have a pool to go into....
does anybody think they should have built it somewhere else...not right next to teh ocean///

Synkc

Reaction score
Whoa, it looks awesome. I wonder how much that would of cost...

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Really does seem silly to have it next to the ocean, I agree on that. Rather inland somewhere so that you feel like your at the ocean. But then there are stupider things out there.

Sohail

Reaction score
I heard about an even bigger pool used to test things in space or some thing - i heard about this on the discovery channel.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Those are nice pictures.