Votes: 31 75.6%
  • Don't Link It!

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Linking your forum account with your cPanel account. Being able to upgrade\downgrade your account, see why you're suspended, etc all from vBulletin. Also have to login once a month to keep your hosting account active.

Is this something you would prefer over the current way? So you will be required to have a forum account to have a hosting account, I know a lot of people are against that..

Let me know your thoughts.

-Corey

Simie

PHP PRO
Reaction score
Aren't you making a control panel on the website? I'd rather use that...

~Simie

Jacob

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea. It gives people an incentive to join our forums, all the while earning points and making some good friends ;)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Just an edit, this would not affect paid users.

-Corey

mattspec

Reaction score
i think this would be an awesome idea, would you have to login to both cpanel and the forum account to keep hosting active though?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Just the forum.

-Corey

Chris Z

Reaction score
sounds like a great idea! i'm all for it, i'm always on the forums, so that would eliminate me having to log in to cpanel every two weeks or so..
GO FOR IT!

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
if its not too hard to implement, then yes i think you should link it

i dont know how you would make such a system.. maybe go back to having people post a thread on the forum to get their account?

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not that hard to make. Takes some time though. Also, no, the account creation would be still automatic.

Arucard98

Reaction score
That'as a great idea! Anyone who is taking advantage of the free hosting and not being a part of the community, shouldn't be on the server anyways.

I'm pretty sure your guyses goal is to make a big community, and at the same time provide excellent service.

That is quite an undertaking though, if you guys can do the scripting, that woul be AWESOME, but if there are going to be alot of problems, and people being accidently deleted or something, then it wouldn't be worth it.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
That would be cool. I have an account anyway for the odd post here and there, and the excellent arcade!

It would also be nice to be able to see who has which account from a slot on their profile.

But what about accounts that have multiple admins? Could you link a hosting acount to more than one forum profile? or just to the hosting account Creator's forum name?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
wait, so if a new person wanted hosting, would their forum name be the same name as their subdomain?
like lets say john117 joins the forum, would his subdomain be john117.x10hosting/exofire.net/.com?

or would it only be linked, not similar?

Colin

Reaction score
Bryon said:
I'm opposed.

LOL... why?

I think that it is a good idea, but should be released in stages to reduce the possibilty of messing something up and debuging etc etc.

Cynical

Reaction score
Spartan Erik said:
wait, so if a new person wanted hosting, would their forum name be the same name as their subdomain?
like lets say john117 joins the forum, would his subdomain be john117.x10hosting/exofire.net/.com?

or would it only be linked, not similar?
Their forum name would probably be their cPanel name, or even completely seperate.

I'm for the idea. I think it would be a unique addition to the hosting service and worthwhile for the staff to allow members updrade/downgrade themselves.

Conor

Reaction score
Colin said:
LOL... why?

I think that it is a good idea, but should be released in stages to reduce the possibilty of messing something up and debuging etc etc.
Probably because he'd have to make the script haha.

I like this idea.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of linking the accounts. I'm not sure why I don't like it... But I don't like it. I'll get back to you with a reason.

Something about it just doesn't sit right with me. :-/