WP mysql error : Error establishing a database connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangpelupa

Reaction score
my wordpress at ops.exofire.net/wp suddently got this meseg error

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at mysql.x10hosting.com. This could mean your host's database server is down.
Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

have tried
Current Status:
Absolut and Stoli both have had MySQL successfully moved to the new server. This means you should update any config files for your MySQL driven scripts to have the hostname of "mysql.x10hosting.com" instead of "localhost". Localhost should stilll work for a while as we have it forwarded, but you will be better off changing it as soon as you can. Also, if you're having MySQL errors go into your cPanel, go to the remote MySQL section and put in %.x10hosting.com as an access host.

We attempted to move Cossacks MySQL earlier but it seems the SQL dump got corrupted somewhere along the way. We will re-attempt this again either later tonight or tomorrow. I will post when we do.

All Servers:
I have queued all sign-ups and shut off account creations until we get the servers under control. There is just too much going on with them at one time causing them to be less than stable. I am going to start terminating the inactive accounts again since we never finished with it. I'm going to keep new account creations off until the servers are back to being stable again.

-Corey

and stil get that error.

how long this will occure?

thanks.

chongkolai

Reaction score
there are times that mysql goes Up and Down... im sure corey and all the admins doing their best to solve this problem.. pls be patient :)

Status
Not open for further replies.