X10Hosting Uptime Fluctuating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoobrum

Reaction score
The name sounds much sexier than what I'm about to explain.

Been monitoring the uptime and am hosted on x10hosting.com, as opposed to exofire.net and the server keeps going down, like every day it bounces between online and offline at least like 2-3 times.

It doesn't seem to be wrong, is anyone looking into this - could it be something linked with abuse - perhaps someone's ddosing or something?

Reaction score
That's only a sub-domain name meaning, that doesn't have anything to do with it.

It's the actual server. You are on absolut and it seems to be up and down a heck of a lot lately as with other servers too.

steve mmi

Reaction score
Hello.

I believe this applies to Chopin as well? I am on Chopin, and am experiencing consistent blank pages and time-outs (and have been for the last 12 hrs).

But one thing is, I am totally new to PHP and MySQL, so I don't know if I am responsible because of eggregious programming or design errors, or if it's a server issue. I am quite hesitatant to open a support ticket, since my guess would be, I am making some horrendous blunder. But I am experiencing consistent blank pages and time-outs, for simple php pages. Even on

Code:
<?
phpinfo();
?>
I was timed-out.

Even this forum is behaving somewhat strangely for me. Just typing this reply, I am experiencing a significant (almost sentence-long) lag.

Reaction score
I'll try to explain about the PHP.

Basically, at the turn of the year we unveiled the new site (x10hosting.com), with a complete new backend system to make managing accounts and things out the back easier. The process seems to still be on going and before everything was changed there was three levesl of PHP type - basic, intermediate and advanced.
New hosting accounts started with basic. This meant that not many of the php function worked. So you'd have to upgrade to intermediate if you needed it. This opened a lot more functions up, then if for a good reason you needed advanced - this wasn't handed out so freely due to security risks - admins would upgrade you to the advanced level.

I gather from reading around, that we still haven't dealt with our PHP part on the backend system so all users are on a default level 2 setting of PHP but it seems sometimes things work and sometimes they don't - like it's going online and offline.
I'm not sure why it's doing this, but it's bloody annoying!

As for the forum, I found when the new theme for it was released that pages (compared to the old one) load a little slower. Possibly that's just it, or it may be something your end?

steve mmi

Reaction score
Thanks for such a prompt reply. You also answered another question I had, about upgrading to "intermediate", since I had seen that on another thread, looked and looked for that in my account page, and couldn't find it.

My php experience (all 12 hours of it) has been a real (and somewhat annoying) puzzle. Of course, the first php test page I uploaded was test.html (note that extension), which didn't seem to work too well. The HTML layout was fine, but not much php worked.

:biggrin:

About the forum (and this aggravting latency!), it does indeed look like my connection isn't that great.

Code:
  5    14 ms    13 ms    14 ms  151.164.38.46
  6    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  asn2828-xo.pxpaca.sbcglobal.net [151.164.249.194
]
  7    15 ms    14 ms    14 ms  te-4-0-0.rar3.sanjose-ca.us.xo.net [207.88.12.61
]
  8    58 ms    58 ms    58 ms  te-3-0-0.rar3.la-ca.us.xo.net [207.88.12.62]
  9    57 ms    55 ms    55 ms  207.88.14.33.ptr.us.xo.net [207.88.14.33]
 10    57 ms    56 ms    75 ms  207.88.14.34.ptr.us.xo.net [207.88.14.34]
 11    56 ms    57 ms    55 ms  207.88.185.74.ptr.us.xo.net [207.88.185.74]
 12    58 ms    55 ms    56 ms  border3.tge4-1-bbnet2.ext1.dal.pnap.net [216.52.
191.83]
 13    56 ms    55 ms    56 ms  te2-1.cer03.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com [216.52.
189.30]
 14    56 ms    56 ms    56 ms  po3.dar02.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com [66.228.11
8.211]
 15    56 ms    56 ms    56 ms  po2.fcr04.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com [66.228.11
8.218]
 16    57 ms    57 ms    57 ms  x10hosting.com [67.228.168.188]

chupacabrah

Reaction score
i'm on cossacks, and my website has been up and down a lot recently awesome. definitely annoying

Reaction score
If you're hoping to use php then the extension would be test.php ;)

Glad I could help answer some questions. Shame I can't help for the servers :(.

Hoobrum

Reaction score
lol not sure I think server admins need to find the root cause?

Methax

Reaction score
Seems to happen on ALL servers :shifty: Looking at some posts around the forums seems like this has been happening for months :x. When asked about it server admins seem to ignore it :E

primawolf

Reaction score
I would have to say that I believe this is happening on all servers, but here is one suggestion as to why the admins arent answering, could be because they keep getting the same questions over and over. and after a while you get tired of answering them.

I find the down times just as annoying as the next and I am beginning to question if the they even know the causes or if they know how to fix them.

edkolis

Reaction score
Seems to happen whenever I upload a file... I hope I'm not the root cause! :p

tregtar

Reaction score
Experiencing the same thing on Cossacks. This is really the first time in a very long time that I've had trouble. I do hope they can fix it soon.

Methax

Reaction score
I would have to say that I believe this is happening on all servers, but here is one suggestion as to why the admins arent answering, could be because they keep getting the same questions over and over. and after a while you get tired of answering them.

I find the down times just as annoying as the next and I am beginning to question if the they even know the causes or if they know how to fix them.

Not asking them to answer it every time someone asks, they just need to answer once. If they have already answered to this issue, then it should be in an open area where every new/old can see...

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
It's the first time it's ever happened for me. I guess its fine. I think they are resolving it currently.

chupacabrah

Reaction score
maybe they don't respond because the other alternative is to go to PAID hosting? :p (which I'm hoping I don't have to do, but I'm considering it)

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It'll be fixed and everything will be better than ever. If you read the server announcements, the staff are taking this very seriously. They are even considering buying another free server just to get things running smoother.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Ye. I found that. They just overlook it. Haave opened various support tickets now with no action taken. lol.

Reaction score
As if they don't already have ENOUGH tickets to deal with?

Why should you receive priority over those that haven't been replied to yet that opened their tickets earlier?

I know it's not much fun not being able to see your website, or having to deal with down time. I trust the upper staff for what they're doing. You may not know totally what they are doing so may not be able to be 'with me' on agreeing. Get the downtime now, reap the rewards/benefits later.

primawolf

Reaction score
its not a matter of dealing with the downtimes or not, but I notice that its not just downtimes that make this whole problem bad. I have noticed slow loading times aswell. I know that it might sound like Im complaining but Im not. I just wish that there was some way to know how long we need to expect these kind of issues.

I know that the whatever disaster the admins and staff are doing behind the sceenes. I know some problems will take more to deal with then others but I just wonder if the whole httpd has anything to do with the fact that the lotus server is having issues or not.

From what I understand as to how the servers are set up lotus shouldnt have any effect like that on the other servers or am I misunderstanding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.