x13: CMD-LOGIN Secure Connection Failed

Pintwin173a

Reaction score
Can log into x13 Services panel but clicking Hosting Control Panel throws this error:

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 10.57.54 AM.png

Pintwin173a

mrburnsx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
x13 loads fine for me using Safari and Firefox. The specific error you are getting here is typically not indicative of an IP block either. This leaves it as a client side issue. Aside from the link I posted above and the suggested fixes in that link, others have reported that restarting the computer and the router (modem and router if separate units) has also tended to resolve it.

Last edited:

Pintwin173a

Reaction score
The SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG is typically a client side issue.

Let's see...

1. Clear Your Browser History and Cache = Done!
2. Update and Reset Firefox = Done!
3. Disable Your Browser Extensions = Done!
4. Try Using the HTTP Protocol = Can't do this, the toss to HCP happens at your end.
5. Update Your Proxy Settings = Not using proxy settings.
6. Change Your TLS Preferences = Downgraded to v.3
7. Add the Site to Your Trusted Sites List = I don't trust any websites.
8. Shut down and restart Modem, Router, and Computer = Done!

Result? FAIL.

Of all the sites I interact with every single day x10 is the ONLY website I've had DNS, SSL and MODsec problems with.
It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it seems to take many days to resolve. Very frustrating!

Could something be wrong / misconfigured with x10's SSL? A port 443 problem? Something else?
User "ericpychangeip" reported a similar (not identical) problem which apparently was resolved quickly (and, interestingly, in his OP wanted to cancel x10 and 8 minutes later provided probably the best x10 testimonial I've ever read ;-)

Any assistance you could provide would be helpful.

Pintwin173a

mrburnsx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Could something be wrong / misconfigured with x10's SSL? A port 443 problem? Something else?
If that were to be the case, then everyone on x13 would be unable to load it. With those steps resulting in a fail, I'm out of ideas. The post you referenced was a separate unrelated issue.

Pintwin173a

Reaction score
x13 loads fine for me using Safari and Firefox.
The WEBSITE loads fine for me also (unless I log into WordPress and execute a write / upload, the my IP's temporarily blocked, which is another unresolved issue)

My problem is I can log into x13 but clicking Hosting Control Panel throws the SSL error.

You may be out of ideas, but I'm not an IT Expert, so I've got a few 'cuz, hey, what do I know? ;-)

All SSL content being served on port 443? (and non-SSL on port 80?)
SSL certificate(s) is(are) valid, not expired, and installed properly on the server(s)? (I'm guessing your certs apply to everyone, not just me?)
Is an adequate version of TLS being supported? (downgrading Firefox to TLS 1.2 didn't help)
Have the (I presume) Apache error logs been checked for anomalies? - If I'm the only one this is happening to it might help to compare it to a previous date where it actually worked for me....or, to someone else on x13?

If none of this works kindly enlist someone who hasn't run out of ideas, because right now I'm stuck...and, that's not the right answer.

Pintwin173a