Xfire or MSN

Eric@TLG

Reaction score
Two of my favorite IM's, which do you guys think is better? MSN is reliable and easy to use, while xfire can be used in game and has a ton of cool features.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Neither cause none of my buddies use either.

If I HAD to pick though, XFire. The whole game tracking thing is nice for online gaming. Dunno if MSN does the same thing or not, but I DO know XFire tracks game play and, when applicable and available for the game in question, what server you're on so other friends can join the same server.

Definitely handy that, even for someone like me who has no friends on xfire. Kinda nice to know just how many hours I've wasted away in Civ4 and its expansions :)

Dan

Reaction score
I have used MSN and I would say it's quite good. I've never actually tried XFire but it's meant to be brilliant, all my friends say it's brilliant so I'd go with that.

JustBringIt

Reaction score
I don't know if i would consider them even in the same category. Xfire is a game tracker type software mainly used by game clans, while MSN is mainly used just as a regular chat program used mainly by family and friends. I would have grouped MSN with AIM and Yahoo client, and grouped xfire with teamspeak. But seeing how you asked a question i would have to say xfire cause I'm in a clan and that's what works the best for our needs.

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
Xfire Definately, i like how it tracks all my gaming stats and can be used in game, PLUS I know most of the xfire admins! lol

My xfire u/n is CyberXZT :O

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Xfire if you play a lot of games. If you don't play a lot of games, I'd stick with MSN/Windows Live Messenger.

zeekgenateer

Reaction score
I have friends who use consoles for gaming, but download and use xfire instead of MSN as it's better. They're pretty much equal besides the gaming portion so you can IM people while they're playing. Also MSN has been used for virus stuff in the past and I haven't seen anything with xfire.

Nick2007

Reaction score
Xfire is for gamers, as you can track your stats, chat in-game, and hold meetings.

MSN for friends and families who use webcams and want to share files/folders. I don't think these 2 should be compared, it's like comparing apples and oranges. MSN should be compared to AIM and Yahoo, and Xfire should be compared to Teamspeak and Gamespy Comrade.

Last edited:

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
Xfire and MSN/WLM aren't really the same thing. The only thing in common they have is that you can communicate with other people.

I'd go for MSN/WLM.

Patrick M

Reaction score
As I'm a gamer I prefer Xfire, however I do use the plugin for it that allows me to login to my MSN account via XFire and talk to friends and family that are on my MSN list.

xenonsoft

Reaction score
I use MSN more, but I like XFire better because most of the time I am in front of a computer I am playing games, and it helps to have the game tracking features. I think I still use MSN because the fact that only a few of my friends have XFire otherwise its all MSN.

Adam!

Reaction score
MSN because none of my friends use xFire and xFire is not for Mac OS X =/.

excid3

Reaction score
i use both because i have lots of friends who arent gamers and use MSN but i think its really cool ot have stats of the games i play, even got the facebook xfire app too ;)

intenex

Reaction score
If everyone used Xfire, I'd pick that. Problem is not everyone does, and as it's geared towards gamers, most of its features are game related. That makes it appeal only to a small portion of the internet-going population, and thus MSN is the better all-around IM system.

______

BlackQuantum

Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG
Intenex.PNG

Intenex.PNG