you requested suggestions?

Primus Avatar

Reaction score
Well.... id start with the forum. It has become a large knowledgebase. Community is great! But there are several irritating problems:

-Construction of the forum is very difficult to understand... info is hard to "dig out".

Suggestion 1: Start a new forum with better navigation.
or...
Suggestion 2: Add more descriptions to categories and change some titles.

-Adds on this forum are making it difficult to browse for info cause they take almost 20X more time to load than the forum pages. I know that not everybody is facing the same problem. But some countries have more lag from certain addresses on the web.

Suggestion 1: Remove the adds or just replace them with "static" adds that read the picture directly from the forum, thus making loading much quicker.

Do it anyway you like but please fix those problems.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Good suggestions.

I am not sure how changing forum titles will make things much easier. Some are pretty self explainatory.

As fro the ads, I believe some are part of Google Adsense, so they are a bit hard to change to a "static" form. And since they are used to help support the free hosting, we can't very well take them out.

cstamper

Reaction score
Forum is the ugliest site on the entire web!!!

Imho, ob course... :)

Primus Avatar

Reaction score
Good suggestions.

I am not sure how changing forum titles will make things much easier. Some are pretty self explainatory.

...maybe im just stupid. Those titles confuse me...there are to many. They dont follow the 3 click rule (find anything in just 3 clicks... golden rule for websites)
So a new forum might be better...

As fro the ads, I believe some are part of Google Adsense, so they are a bit hard to change to a "static" form. And since they are used to help support the free hosting, we can't very well take them out.

i mean those ads from bravenet...they take like....a 30sec-2min to load!

They could make a new deal with bravenet to let them (i mean X10hosting) host their adds instead of dragging them from their servers. Every time a load a thread in the forum i also "have to load" content from the bravenet site!

michael9

Reaction score
i mean those ads from bravenet...they take like....a 30sec-2min to load!

They could make a new deal with bravenet to let them (i mean X10hosting) host their adds instead of dragging them from their servers. Every time a load a thread in the forum i also "have to load" content from the bravenet site!

Get Firefox and get ABP (Ad Block Plus). It works fairly well, if you need help using it, just PM me.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
About the forums being the ugliest, there have been plans to upgrade the forums, but nothing concrete yet. You will know when the forum is changed.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I think when vB 3.7 goes gold we'll look into upgrading the forum.

Regarding the ads, we don't have much say over them, I might be changing them back to Google soon though. As things settle down with accounts\servers I will be optimizing ads.

-Corey