403 error, but not always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlister

Reaction score
Sorry if this seems like a repeat, but most other threads say they get a 403 error "all the time", so I believe mine is not the same problem.

Some of my PHP pages give out error 403 "Forbidden" when you run them, but not all the time. For instance this one:
http://strictquirks.x10.mx/parser/index.php
It usually loads the first time, but if you input stuff in the text box and hit submit, you get 403 Forbidden, more often than not.

Is there something causing this? Does the system determine that my PHP program hit a memory cap or something? (If the latter, a more distinctive error message would be nice.)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

On our free hosting servers, we use mod_security to automatically block any suspicious requests. This is in place to protect our users' websites from common attacks. It looks like some of the requests you made triggered a mod_security rule. If you submitted some JavaScript (or some HTML with a <script> tag), this might have triggered a mod_security rule, since this isn't usually something normal users would submit. When mod_security determines a request to be suspicious, it shows a 403 Forbidden error, and stops the request from completing.

Thank you,

mrlister

Reaction score
So if the input contains <script>, that's when the error occurs? Ah, that's something I can
work around. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.