Ads in smf

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Ads in smf 1.0.3 & 1.0.5

Just thought I would post this. Awhile back some members couldnt get the ads up in the smf forum software.

First you want to go to your cpanel into file manager, and go to " /www/smf/themes/default/" and find the "index.template.php" file

This code is to be put in the "index.template.php" file right before

// The logo and the three info boxes.

you add this :

include('http://www.x10hosting.com/advert/quick_get.php?id=advanced');

not much of a variation of the original ad code but it is slightly different. This is for the advanced plan. The x10advanced plan ad code wouldn`t work in its original form so I hunted around for an answer. I have the ads up at my site now and its running great. Hope this helps. :happy:

NOTE: This is the ad code for the x10advanced plan

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Well thats a good question ? I would imagine it would be like this, I think.

include('http://www.x10hosting.com/advert/quick_get.php?id=corporate');

NOTE: This is the ad code for the x10 corporate plan. Use it with the instructions in the first post.

Last edited:

Goten X

Reaction score
No, you would skip a line when you get past the <php part, put in the add, and then save. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

|GX

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Actually if you look at the code there are slight differences. dont just take off the "php thingy" It doesn`t work that way.

nicholas

Reaction score
ShadowStriker said:
sry for double post-- im not getting it to work...

Can you explain more clearly what exactly is the problem you are facing? And did you follow bigguy's instruction?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
You have to go to your "themes" directory to find "index.template.php" Once you find it open the file and look for this line
It will be about 1/8 of the way down the page. Once you find it, copy and paste the ad code above. save the file and go to your website

n4tec

Reaction score
Fire Wolf said:
I can't find The logo and the three info boxes. written. Please help

Try these

Copy everything located in the index.template.php file into NotePad... Search for

Code:
Then you should put

Code:
 include('http://www.x10hosting.com/advert/quick_get.php?id=corporate');
above

Code:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Are you looking in the right file for it ? What versionof smf are you using ?

Fire Wolf

Reaction score
I'm using 1.0.4. I went to default and then opened the index.template.php. But still cant find, and my account got suspended! Pleae help. Thanks.

n4tec

Reaction score
Fire Wolf said:
I'm using 1.0.4. I went to default and then opened the index.template.php. But still cant find, and my account got suspended! Pleae help. Thanks.

Copy everything located in the index.template.php file into NotePad... I hope you know how to copy and Paste.. to copy you use Ctrl and C at the same time and to paste you use Ctrl and V at the same time.. Search for

// The logo and the three info boxes. in notepad.. to search for press Ctrl and F at the same time now copy and paste // The logo and the three info boxes.into the search window...

Then you should put include('http://www.x10hosting.com/advert/quick_get.php?id=corporate');
above what we have searched for in the index.template.php file..

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I`ll have to go back and see if I can resolve this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It should still work in smf 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 though.

ShadowStriker

Reaction score
i hope my account doesnt get suspended but im checking this topic every second on the minute on the hour