Best Wordpress Backup Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no2nsa

Reaction score
I'm Looking for a FREE Database & WordPress Backup Plugin. Please could someone hand me some good advice and useful Information on how the best way to backup my website. I'm worried that the plugins I download to backup my website might not backup the things I need and only backup specific files. Some plugins do that because they want you to purchase the plugin to get the extra better features. If anyone has any guides, instructions or videos please do send them me below by replying. I understand many people go threw the same situation I'm going threw and that is worrying something could go wrong. Well I hope this thread opens up a world of solutions and ways to help get people together to help one another around the community. Thank You and hope to see responses from either the Community or Staff members of x10hosting.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you install WP manually or did you use Softaculous?

If you used Softaculous, it has a backup feature.
You can have it back up immediately.
You can also set it to back up on a regular basis. You can tell it to only keep the last X backups.
The backup is stored in your account. You have to do download it yourself (keeping them on your account is okay if you just want to go back to an earlier version, but if there is a problem with the server or your whole account, you must have them on your own computer).
The backups take up space on your account. Do not keep 20 backups. Delete the old ones.
Backups include the files and an sql dump of the database.

Last edited:

no2nsa

Reaction score
Thank You! I've Installed WordPress manually myself. I have also read more about SQL Dumps of the database and now got a Backup of my Databases and WordPress Directory folder that I've put on my computer desktop. So I'm able to just reinstall it and Import my backup.sql in my myphpadmin section. I'm not sure if that would actually work since I've not had any reason to try. But I'm hoping you could be able to let me know If this would also work for me. If anything ever went wrong I'm able to just quickly empty my Directories and Reinstall the backups from my desktop and re-add the Database user that I import from my sql into the wp-config.php. I am not sure if I'm missing anything else but let me know. I was going to Install a plugin and trust them but I have more trust in myself manually doing it so I'm aware of what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.