Comments, Suggestions, Ideas for my site

worldwise001

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me input/feedback on my site: http://d3volution.uni.cc

For most pages I have attempted to keep it W3C certified, however it apparently does not like images that are generated through PHP (aka through my thumbnailer script)... I'm still trying to work around this... any ideas?

Besides that, any comments, suggestions, ideas would be welcome. Ideas = mainly for more types of content.

Thanks in advance!
-worldwise001

JuniorD

Reaction score
eh, its simple. not much for me to rate on through design. :p

worldwise001

Reaction score
Yeah, over the years I stopped making super complex designs because I had no content... until now.

If you look carefully in the background though... there's Java code. :p

tittat

Reaction score
nice, i like that simple way you presented.... plus point is,your site have a very good readability.

worldwise001

Reaction score
I've tried joomla before. #1 it can be hard customizing/creating your own theme, #2 I don't really have a need for that many features.

Yes I'm using PHP, but mainly for sake of ease, such that I can use one include (include.php) and call my own custom functions such as siteheader(), sitefooter(), etc. This also makes it easy to change one thing and have it reflected throughout the entire site. Not using Joomla also reduces dependency on MySQL (except for the wordpress blog, which I've integrated to the front page only).

Plus, I get to experiment with my own scripts without trying to comply with modular standards of Joomla or breaking anything otherwise.

EDIT: Also, thanks to all who have taken the time to review this!

Last edited:

JuniorD

Reaction score
Yeah, over the years I stopped making super complex designs because I had no content... until now.

If you look carefully in the background though... there's Java code. :p

the background is not that complicated.. I'm not easily amazed by simple things... you just pasted a bit of code into a image creator/editor and lowered the opacity...