Creatable

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Let's see...

• There's no indication at all of what the site is supposed to be on the home page, and no visible link to any page that might tell anyone what the site is supposed to be. Are people supposed to give you their email address because your logo looks interesting?
  • There's a slideshow with no slides showing. Watching the little dots light up isn't very entertaining over the long term.
  • Registration seems to be compulsory if you want to know anything at all other than that there's something called a "store" (that apparently does not sell physical goods, so what's the interest for anybody landing on the site?).
  • The footer text and links are the same colour as the background, and the white text-shadow doesn't make them readable in any real sense. (And text-shadow doesn't work on most versions of Internet Explorer, so IE users will not see any footer text at all.)
  • There's a Flash thing that's probably a chat widget. I wouldn't know, since I use a Flash blocker and just see a grey box with a Flash logo in it. I won't enable Flash on a site until I know that the benefit is greater then the harm — blinky things bug me, and blinky ads bug me even more. Apple users will not see anything, and iOS users will never have the option to see anything.

To sum things up: the site may be perfectly logical and useful to people who already use the site and know what's there. It is exactly the opposite for anybody else. If you want to attract users, you'll need to give them a reason to stick around and do whatever the site is supposed to let them do. Even if that is nothing more than a colourful way to waste time.

longbich

Reaction score
Yep Marvin you need to have a more focused Homepage. Let folks know what Creatable does right away.