Cron job for SMFshop bank interest not wking

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZOVGY

Reaction score
I'm trying to get bank interest working in SMFshop, to do this automatically I need to setup a cron job, the command given by the author doesn't seem to work, here it is,

/usr/bin/php -q /home/[username]/public_html/[forum]/Sources/shop/dointerest.php > /home/[username]/public_html/[forum]/interest_log.htm

more info can be found at http://www.dansoftaustralia.net/smfshop_wiki/Bank_Interest

Whenever I setup this cron job I never receive an email to confirm the job has been done, is the command correct or does it need editing in some way, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

nunoabc

Reaction score
how about letting us know the email? it helps.
BTW i dont understand nothing about that :)

AZOVGY

Reaction score
Didn't realise an email address would be needed or are you asking for an email I have recieved?

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't realise an email address would be needed or are you asking for an email I have recieved?

It shouldn't matter at all because the email should be sent if it's working, and you're saying it isn't.

I guess my question is in your original script you posted:

Code:
 /usr/bin/php -q /home/[I][username][/I]/public_html/[I][forum][/I]/Sources/shop/dointerest.php > /home/[I][username][/I]/public_html/[I][forum][/I]/interest_log.htm

I see [username] and [forum] in there. Did you change those so it'd read something like /home/lw90210/public_html/smf_forum/sources/shop/dointerest.php?

It needs your username and the path to the main forum directory filled in or it'll error cause it won't find that username or the forum in the username.

AZOVGY

Reaction score
Yes, I did change those, I am now getting the logs I'm supposed to from the bank interest script so I think it is working now, just checking it although I am still not receiving any emails. (I have tested my own email account and that is working so not sure what is going on)

Status
Not open for further replies.