"Hosting Account Space Upgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidalgox

Reaction score
Hi!

I made a moodle installation and has been running normally until a few days ago. Now I can not access the courses created in any way. When attempting to access, moodle responds with an error message like this:

Can not create directory 'pool' of local files, please check the permissions on dataroot.

I have checked the permissions and they are well configured, so I think that the problem is due to lack of disk space on the server.

Can you solve the problem?

Regards,
Fran

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
None of the drives on the server you're on are currently close to being full; we completed maintenance a few nights ago that has it with plenty of space left except for one partition where user data is not stored in any way (and thus it wouldn't relate to the error at all). I'm not exactly sure what's causing the error unfortunately, but I have seen at least one other Moodle install operating normally on the same server, so I'm thinking there's a misconfiguration/missed permission somewhere causing the issues. I do know that permission-set 777 can cause problems (our server won't allow running sites from it for security), so if any of the Moodle or moodledata folders have anything set at 777, try changing them to 755 and see if that helps at all.

hidalgox

Reaction score
Here you can see that it has exceeded the storage quota:
icfx.png

You can increase this quota? It was my understanding that it was unlimited ...

Best regards,
Fran

Last edited:

hidalgox

Reaction score
Finally I was able to fix the problem.

In my root directory had been generated (not sure if by moodle or other software) a number of temporary files that were over my disk space.

Thank you,
Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.