Status
Not open for further replies.

bitians

Reaction score
please upgrade my account space
My site is yuvaguide.com
my main domain is bitians.x10.mx
i satisfy all your conditions
  • You need to be using at least 50% of your disk space;---- using around 500+mb ( root folder for site is /home/yuvaguid/ )
  • Your account needs to be in good standing (no current suspension);--- working fine and site is UP
  • You need to have a valid website that follows our Terms of Service; and,---- my website is yuvaguide.com and follows all your conditions I know
  • Your account needs to be at least 7 days old.---- Yes my account is old one

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
At the moment I'm seeing a problem; there's a content scraper present on the account, along with the content in /home/yuvaguid/uploads not actually being referenced on the site at all. That's a concern since that's where 400mb of your usage is. Can you explain the content scraper and what purpose the files in the uploads folder actually serve to the website?

Edit: Forgot to note that with the files not having an obvious use (or being referenced on any of the pages I clicked on) the account has been suspended pending an explanation, especially since we don't allow content scrapers.

bitians

Reaction score
i run a job notification site with complete job details.
the content scraper you said are not so, and are currently under development(need some tweak and twist),their purpose was just to check if a notfication has expired or not. for expiry, it matches the conditions of post expiration and will put them for deletion with a notifications in post that it has expired.Also again ,they are in development

the uploads at /home/yuvaguid/uploads are the pdf notifications concerned with the details of the job post, they are issued by the job authority for candidates.
in short the /home/yuvaguid/uploads pdf are the original notification by issuing authority, and the contents of the wordpress post are derived from these pdf.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a problem with the explanation; the file I'm referring to doesn't just check if a notification is expired; in fact, it lacks any code to do so from what I can tell. What it does do is connect to the RSS feed on an external site, and downloads all notifications on it, which appears to be where it's getting the PDF's from. This is practically the definition of content scraping, along with it being used for file hosting as there is no reference to the PDF's anywhere on the Wordpress site.

More intriguingly, here's a note from the site you were scraping content from:

Code:
Copyright
If any website wants to link to our articles or quote on it, needs to follow these guidelines.
Use only summary(generally 3 to 5 sentences) from our article and give a link to our article for readers to read full story.You must credit freejobalert.com with anchor text/hyperlink pointing to our domain name or article. Never publish full article from our site without our permission.

This is a major problem, since your content scraper does not use a summary, it uses the entire posting. It also doesn't provide a link to read the full story, nor does it provide any credit indicating the actual source. As such, this suspension is double permanent - once for content scraping, and once for copyright infringement. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.