How do i make a homepage for my sub-domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstonly

Reaction score
How do i make a homepage for my sub-domain?
Do i just make another index.html?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
You'd just create an index file in public_html/mobile.onlythebestoftheweb.x10.mx/.

concept3

Reaction score
Copy off of the files that you want to see from the server's directory that has http:// onlythebestoftheweb.x10.mx/
for example : /public-html/
to
where the server's subdirectory mobile points to on the server.

concept3

Reaction score
OR , the index.html that 'leafypiggy' mentioned can point to the files you want to see in a webbrowser;
in other words edit the index.html in the server's subdirectory that mobile subdomain points to.
It is all a matter of directories
and
/subdirectories.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
It's working fine for me.

tstonly

Reaction score
.....i guess it was just delayed...its working for me too now.....

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
You could put anything there. A cms, a forum etc. What you have does look nice though. :)

tstonly

Reaction score
How do you get a forum for your site...i dont get it....everyone has one.. I just cant seem to find out how to get one.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
cPanel ---> Softaculous ---> Forums ... select the domain you where you want the forum. If you want it to take up all the site, install it in the root directory, not /forum

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Also note, those auto installers like softalicous and others do not usually carry the most up to date software. they can cause problems on install. However, they are great to use. I suggest if that's what you want to do create a folder in which you can install and play around before going live. It's always the best way to test things first anyway. I won't push you either way on forum software but there are some good free ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.