I'm saying goodbye to x10hosting...

arytekx2

Reaction score
After using x10hosting for around a year, I've ran into so many issues. Lately, I've been receiving the 503 error. I no longer see it but after that has happened, using my control panel has been extremely slow. It takes on average about 2-5 minutes to go from the cPanel main page to the sub domain page for example. It's been like this every day for the past week or so.

Ever since I started having these issues with x10hosting, I've been updating my website through another hosting provider as well, which I have not had any issues with since I started about 10 months ago.

Yes, x10hosting does offer features that my other hosting provider doesn't and vice versa. For example, x10hosting offers unlimited storage once you hit half of your storage limit. My current host is maxed out at 10GB. Also, my current host allows unlimited email accounts, 10 SQL databases, 10 parked domains, 10 addon domains and 10 sub domains. x10hosting only allows me to have 3 email accounts max, 2 SQL databases, 2 sub domains, 2 addon domains and 1 parked domain.

x10hosting is not a bad hosting provider but there are issues that should be taken care of, which is why I have decided to leave x10hosting. I rather have my website showing 99.9% of the time rather than visitors seeing the 503 error at least a few times a week.

Since I've had my website going on x10hosting, I've had many emails telling me my website was down and not working. Since I've redirected visitors to my new hosting account, I have not received any emails about website issues, other than a couple about errors which were caused by extensions in Joomla.

This being said, goodbye x10hosting and I wish everyone the best of luck using the hosting service. Because I am done using the hosting service, does not mean I won't be visiting the forums at times.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved to feedback and suggestions.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
After using x10hosting for around a year, I've ran into so many issues. Lately, I've been receiving the 503 error. I no longer see it but after that has happened, using my control panel has been extremely slow. It takes on average about 2-5 minutes to go from the cPanel main page to the sub domain page for example. It's been like this every day for the past week or so.

Ever since I started having these issues with x10hosting, I've been updating my website through another hosting provider as well, which I have not had any issues with since I started about 10 months ago.

Yes, x10hosting does offer features that my other hosting provider doesn't and vice versa. For example, x10hosting offers unlimited storage once you hit half of your storage limit. My current host is maxed out at 10GB. Also, my current host allows unlimited email accounts, 10 SQL databases, 10 parked domains, 10 addon domains and 10 sub domains. x10hosting only allows me to have 3 email accounts max, 2 SQL databases, 2 sub domains, 2 addon domains and 1 parked domain.

x10hosting is not a bad hosting provider but there are issues that should be taken care of, which is why I have decided to leave x10hosting. I rather have my website showing 99.9% of the time rather than visitors seeing the 503 error at least a few times a week.

Since I've had my website going on x10hosting, I've had many emails telling me my website was down and not working. Since I've redirected visitors to my new hosting account, I have not received any emails about website issues, other than a couple about errors which were caused by extensions in Joomla.

This being said, goodbye x10hosting and I wish everyone the best of luck using the hosting service. Because I am done using the hosting service, does not mean I won't be visiting the forums at times.

I am sorry to hear of all your problems, I mean i've been here for 9 years and have had no problem. Also you do realize x10 is one of a few free web hosts that offer cPanel not a "cpanel" you know their own control panel. Good luck, if you hate problems, I suggest you move to some sort of paid hosting as it is much more stable and doesn't cost much month, probably less than a cup of coffee. I've used MOFWH aka b__t like 5 years ago and the control panel sucked.

gavinmendes98

Reaction score
I just happened to come across this thread and HAD to comment. As a web developer I have used almost every other paid host.
And x10 hosting although FREE , exceeds to a lot of paid hosting providers .

A few examples : Godaddy which is supposedly a "premium" hosting does not even have Cpanel, they have recently come up with their own version and call it as a Cpanel.
3ix - have had numerous problems with WP sites. errors like "unable to establish connection to database" , very common .
Another hosting had a file limit of 1 GB , and it was PAID hosting. 1 GB ???
these are just a few examples ...

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
@gavinmendes98

As someone who's uses GoDaddy because he has clients who insist upon it... that /is/ cPanel. It's just a custom theme. We have a custom theme as well.