Please make sure you have the following:

• FTP Access
  • .tar skin file(s)
  • Invision Power Board Fully Running
  • Administrator Access to the Invision Power Board
Step 1
CHMOD The Following Directories:

archive_in - 777
archive_out - 777 (If you have a custom skin and wish to download it) Other wise leave it.
Skin - 777
style_images - 777

Step 2

Upload the .tar files to archive_in

Step 3

Go to your ACP, then click Import Skin Images, simply click install and then wait for the screen to say it finished installing.

Step 4 (Optional)

CHMOD all the files in skin/s*/ to 777 (* being the skin number) that way you can edit the templates via the ACP.

Last edited by a moderator:

phenetic

Reaction score
yes, i kind of figured no body had a license for IPB 2 except me lol

KbFr08

Reaction score
i got ipb 2.0.3 and i payed for it, and photoshop cs. that is why i use free hosting

phenetic

Reaction score
same here, flat broke for buying a 60 buck license and a 160 buck license =/

L

lawrence

Thanks buddy, I'm just getting into that and this tutorial is very useful to me.

kefka

Reaction score
Ipb 2 is much simpler to add skins to. Just click on admin cp-> skins & templates-> skin import/export, scroll down a bit on the next page below importing, click browse choose the skin set for your template,click import skin xml, you should get a confirmation screen, next scroll back down below importing again click browse next to importing skin images, choose your skins image file, click import skin images.
Last thing to do after uploading the images is go to skin manager click on the newly uploaded skin, click edit skin on the drop menu, next scroll down where it say image options and choose your images. All done.

phenetic

Reaction score
IPB 1.x skin uploading and IPB 2.x skin uploading are practically the same ;)