manual reset bios laptop

gogetweb41

Reaction score
hi all, this is i share you all the simple trik for your laptop problem. if you ever had problem with your laptop that board is made in chines, you can do simple reset by pressing del button before your laptot start runing.

krofunk

Reaction score
another way if that fails. Remove your battery and mains power, then hold the power button on the laptop for up to a minute. With some manufacturers this will wipe the bios of its settings etc.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
another way if that fails. Remove your battery and mains power, then hold the power button on the laptop for up to a minute. With some manufacturers this will wipe the bios of its settings etc.

Did not work on my laptop.But what you said is correct.Its only SOME manufacturers who put it that way.Mine is DELL Studio and this did not work.
Thanks anyway.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Or... You'll love this... Hit esc/f2/del/other when promted and look for a key assigned to reset the bios to defaults... OR remove the CMOS battery.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ahah..
Where on the laptop will this CMOS battery kept.
Will there be any side effects if that battery is removed?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
The location of the CMOS battery will vary depending on the particular model of laptop computer in question.
The only "side effects" of removing, (and then replacing), the CMOS battery are a complete reset of BIOS.

tim4rd

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've always found it worked on my Dell and the computer I built myself. On the other hand with my Macbook Pro I've never even opened it D-:

Just in case you are unsure, it looks like a larger watch battery and can sometimes be quite stiff when trying to get them out, I find using one of those annoyingly small screwdrivers helpful when getting them out on some machines. Be careful not to break the casing round the outside that holds it in though. It could deem your computer rather limited.