New Server Update

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that our goal is public I'll also make public the plans on what we're doing and looking into.

We have $530\mo to spend right now. We're currently researching and trying to get the best deals for everyone.

Our new setup will most likely be as follows;
Corporate Server
2 Free Servers; Rotating new accounts
1 Sustained Member Server

Sustained server will only be for members that have continually followed our rules and have been with us for a while. This will allow those members better security and a lot better uptime since they will not be on a server with frequent abuse.

-Corey

slimjim316

Reaction score
I think the idea of the sustained member server is genius especially as it seems the server problems of old are minimized but still there due to the occasional flood of abusers.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Sweet so there will be 4 serves.

lambada

Reaction score
I really like this idea of a 'sustained' server. Any idea on 'how long' someone needs to have been a member? Also may I suggest that forum activity also be a criteria for the sustained server. We do, after all, want active members on there so the space is not wasted.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
That is a damned good idea. Even with 1 free server, taking off the load of members that do not abuse the services onto another may even be enough!

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
I love these ideas! But, as others said, what is the requirement for the sustained server? I have followed the rules since my signup in December '05.

dest581

Reaction score
Nice to see the service growing! The distribution of accounts is a good idea.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
DizzyTechnology said:
I love these ideas! But, as others said, what is the requirement for the sustained server? I have followed the rules since my signup in December '05.

Things are not completely decided yet, but when the times comes, we'll let you guys know what's going on.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Excellent idea :eek:
It would be great for the old members that have sticked to the TOS.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Yes so everybody should be keeping there account to the TOS, ads, and all and you should be fine.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Very nice idea Corey. I will Im you with somthing I found when I get back from band. :)

monky91

Reaction score
Corey, will you let the public know who is in the sustained server? I mean the name list.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
monky91 said:
Corey, will you let the public know who is in the sustained server? I mean the name list.

If you read bryons post they dont know requirments yet, they need to get servers first.

monky91

Reaction score
blong4life said:
If you read bryons post they dont know requirments yet, they need to get servers first.

Yaya, I know, but my question is, will they let us know who is in the list or just PM those guy?

Chris Z

Reaction score
my guess is that they'll just PM the users, cuz it could hurt other people's feelings if it's posted publicly...

Zenax

Reaction score
I think that it is a really good idea for a sustained server! Good luck with finding the best offers etc.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
Wow this will be a new era of x10hosting, I love the idea thanks for telling me the progressing of x10hosting.

Trixter

Reaction score
im new to the server but i love the idea for a sustained server for tried and true members :) i would like to know the criteria when you work them out. :)

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Trixter said:
im new to the server but i love the idea for a sustained server for tried and true members :) i would like to know the criteria when you work them out. :)

Itll prob be like account 6 monmths old, no suspentions, active on forums. that type of stuff.

*this is not written by an admin and this may not heppen...this is an example of what I think they will be looking for.

Last edited: