[PS] Grunge Text

g3nius

Reaction score
Here is a tut that will teach you how to blend your text into your background with ease and it looks good as well, once your done it could look like this:

tutsig5gq.jpg

-----------------------------------

Step One: Open up an image you would like to add you blended text to.

Step Two: Type the text up and set the blending option of that layer to either Soft Light or Overlay depending on which you like the most.

Step Three: Now go to Layer>>Layer Style>>Blending Options.

Step Four: Set your Drop Shadow to these settings:

dropshadow3tx.jpg

Step Five: Set your Outer Glow to these settings:

outerglow0rm.jpg

Step Six: Set your Stroke to these settings:

stroke4cx.jpg

And voila there you have it. A nice sig with blended text.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Re: Grunge Text: Photoshop 7.0

Nice tutorial! Im gonna use it

|Born2Shoot|

GFX-Designer
Reaction score
Very good explained :grin: very nice result 2, since i like grunge, but also abstract :innocent:

coinoperated_kid

Reaction score
Since we're on topic about grunge, heres a little tut explaining how to do basic grunge.
1. Open up ps and make a new document, 350x120 with a white background.
2. Choose a background colour, make it really really dark but make sure its not black, just a really dark colour. The outcome of your sig will depend on which colour you choose. So if you choose a really dark brown you will get a yellow/brown colour bg.
3. Set your foreground colour to white and create a new layer. Pick a brush that covers most of your sig and click once. Change your layer mode to Overlay.
4. Repeat step 3 until your happy with your outcome then start adding text and all that.
here's my outcome with a few modifications:
attachment.php

Hope that helped. (btw if you're wondering quik was my old username @ my old forums.)

Attachments

• quik42.jpg
    quik42.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 159

Xempttt

Reaction score
wow. thats a simple tut. man thats not a tut. is it?coinoperate IM NOT MAD.

u didnt even tell them that u used grunge brushes so there gonna be like where is that brush u used.

Xempttt

Reaction score
im just saying that the tut isnt well detailed. im not saying its bad.

Articz

Reaction score
im new to photoshop and dont have a clue where this layer overlay mode is please help

Xempttt

Reaction score
when u open photoshop on the top where it says file, edit, image, layer click on window>layers. a window should show up and on that window it says layers. look down to the scroll box. thats where the blending modes are located. :grin: