[PS] Matrix Signature

doomachine2000

Reaction score
urm, i lost my images so i am borrowing my friend's images who said its totally cool(fyi i am upgrading my pc and i dont have photoshop on my laptop )
1. Create new project. I used 400x150 for this project, I find that if you plan on animating the matrix effect it looks better smaller.

2. Press "D" to reset your colors, then select: Filter > Texture > Grain.
Change your settings to: Intensity- 100, Contrast- 75-100, Grain Type: Vertical

Grain1.jpg

3. Now select: Filter > Artistic > Neon Glow
Change your settings to: Glow Size- 5, Glow Brightness- 15, Glow Color: Green

NeonGlow2.jpg

4. Finally, select: Filter > Stylize > Glowing Edges.
Change settings to: Edge Width- 1, Edge Brightness- 8, Smoothness- 1

GlowingEdge3.jpg

you can leave it like that or if you want to go into advanced matric code, u can read on and make it animate

THE ANIMATING STEPS

1. Duplicate the layer twice- Title them Background cop and Background copy 1(this is done by default from photoshop but i am telling u that just in case)

2. Jump to ImageReady

3. in the first animation frame, selct the move tool and move background copy all the way to the top of the frame, so that you cannot see it.

4. Now add a second animation frame.

5. Highlite the second frame. Now using the move tool, move background copy back to where it was.

6. In the same animation frame. Using the move tool, you now move background copy 1 to the bottom of the frame, so that it cannot be seen.

7. Make sure you keep all the Matrix code lines lined up as you move the two layers.

8. Set your timing to 0.1 if you want the code to move slower, you can also use "No Delay" if you want the code to move faster. Play with the timing settings to see what you like, 0.05 is the best because its not slow but it aint fast either(to use 0.05, u have to use the custom timing)

9. Then select Tween, and add 5 frames.

10. Delete frame #7

YOUR DONE

i know mine is a bit advanced, but basicaly, al i did was add a picture, and add rain on there(i will make a rain tut soon)and the text, search "matrix" in www.dafont.com and i just added some glow and other blending options, it aint that good :lol:

I copyright this tut for nobody to publish somewhere else until i say so

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Re: how to make a simple matrix sig

Sweet, Thanks bud Thats a readd good tutorial!

vbchris

Reaction score
Re: how to make a simple matrix sig

Very nice effect! :grin:

Articz

Reaction score
i had a go at this and this is wat it looks like

thx for the tut tho

|Born2Shoot|

GFX-Designer
Reaction score
:laughing: Hey nice effect, im defintely gonna use this in one of my designz