Replace Primary domain with my Add-on Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinmendes98

Reaction score
Hi , I have 2 domains in my x10 hosting account.
My Primary domain is going to expire soon and I dont plan on renewing it , so I want to shift my Domain Add on as the Primary Domain .
Thanks

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The current rules are that your primary domain must be an x10hosting-supplied subdomain ( xxx.x10host.com, xxx.x10.bz, etc).

So, you must pick one of those to be your new primary domain. Please make sure that it is not already in use.

gavinmendes98

Reaction score
Im not sure , I asked the question right .
How do I change the domain in my root ( public_html ) ? in the x10 basic settings , it shows under main domain

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
gavinmendes dot co dot in is currently your main domain. It points to the content in public_html

You currently have an add on domain, gavinmendes dot com that points to public_html/gavinmendes.com/

If your main domain is going to expire, you should have a new one. The current rules say it must be one supplied by x10hosting. Please state which domain you would like it to be.

If you want your .com domain to point to public_html, then
1) remove it as an add on
2) add it as a parked domain

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Im not sure , I asked the question right .
How do I change the domain in my root ( public_html ) ? in the x10 basic settings , it shows under main domain
You did asked the right question - I assume your current " main domain" is your own domain
as @descalzo says above "The current rules are that your primary domain must be an x10hosting-supplied subdomain"

step #1 - pick a x10hosting-supplied subdomain
Code:
x10hosting's free-hosting sub-domains (as of 04/15/2014)
pick one then replace [ xxx ] with your domain name like --> [ mydomain.x10host.com ]

xxx.x10.mx
xxx.x10.bz
xxx.pcriot.com
xxx.x10host.com
xxx.elementfx.com
Test the sub-domain in your browser - to be sure that it is not already in use
a Admin can then set it as your accounts new primary domain - you will need to ask them in this forum to do that

step #2 - After your new primary domain is working
remove the current "add on domain" in cPanel then set it as a "parked domain"

You will have two (2) URLs to your main accout's site - the new x10hosting's sub-domain AND your own parked domain

Status
Not open for further replies.