Slow Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

semsemx1

Reaction score
Some pages result in
Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.
Others take about a minute to load. But then, I notice that after a couple hours of both of that, everything corrects itself and no request timeouts and pageloads happening with only a second or two lag (which is normal). Those periods last a few hours, and then I'm back to request timeouts and minute long pageloads (when they choose to load).
Absolut Server.

semsemx1

Reaction score
This is getting rather ridiculous. If the page requested doesn't use PHP/MySQL, it runs fine (like a CSS file), but the second it actually uses PHP/MySQL, or it could just be one or the other...haven't tested it, it fails time and time again...then finally allowing it to go through.
DNS Resolution: 0ms
Connecting: 1ms
Sending: 0ms
Waiting: 121064ms
Receiving: 4ms
That's what it's reading in Firefox (under inspect object -> network tab -> timings). The title of the page: "500 Internal Server Error".
And, for anyone interested, the "never-fail" URL to get the error to display, http://cob.semsem.x10.mx/KoT/

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey--

From what I can tell from looking at the server.. your website is using a TON of resources. I loaded up the page you linked to, and got a server error because it's taking so long to complete. On top of this--you're on a free hosting server with thousands of other people--and it's peak usage time for our users in the US/Canada. Just loading your page spiked your CPU usage on a single lsphp thread to over 75%.

If you're going to be running (from what I can tell) to be some sort of click-based RPG/MMO -- then you're going to need to upgrade to premium hosting--if not a VPS.

If you have any questions please ask. I'm happy to share what I know.

--Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.