Upgrading the forum to a new vB?

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
When is the forum going to be updated to vb 3.5? It is still at the older version.

Chirantha

Reaction score
Don't Upgrade Please Please!!!!! Please don't!!! When you upgrade a vb forum all the mod get removed and this causes you to lose the points. The another host I know upgraded and it causes the members to lose there point they had.

Find away to go around this problem and then upgrade

dynamicdraik

Reaction score
you could always bring the forums down for a while record everyones points and then upgrade and add points later to the members

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
AllStarGamer101 said:
I think that would take a long time. That wouldn't be worth it to me.

Does not matter what anyone thinks but Corey he's the one who pays for this board.

Fire Wolf

Reaction score
Well, 3.5 doesn't have mods for Points, Stores yet, so I think waiting would be good. Just my 2 cents.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
... It could be as simple as backing up the SQL tables to do with the user points and after upgrading the forum and installing a compatible points system for 3.5 and just uploading the previously backed up points tables?

You guys make it sound so hard, I say maybe 15 minutes and that can be done.:coolugh:

Mani5

Reaction score
civilr said:
... It could be as simple as backing up the SQL tables to do with the user points and after upgrading the forum and installing a compatible points system for 3.5 and just uploading the previously backed up points tables?

You guys make it sound so hard, I say maybe 15 minutes and that can be done.:coolugh:
really?? I dont think so...I think vBulletin 3.5 dusnt hav dat point stuff so it might mess da thing up...If you can do it then tell Corey,..1st let just see if he think its a god idea to upgrade.........

Jordan K

Reaction score
Doesn't matter whether it has it or not, just when he decides to upgrade he can back up the SQL table(s) that contain all the saved info on stats in the points system and when he upgrades the forums and finds a working points system that is compatible with 3.5 he can upload the points information back into the SQL database. It's almost as easy as that. Although the points system has to be the same one just updated for 3.5.

Mani5

Reaction score
ok.
hey civilr..Is there anyway to have a points system in IPB??

Jordan K

Reaction score
*Edit: Nevermind, I found a points system for IPB, for you. PMed.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I think updating the forum and installing the old mods back along with more mods would be a good idea. (I know some of the current mods on here are not yet in the new vB, but yea.) The backing up of points and all that wouldn't be that hard, like Civilr said.

The final matter is up to Corey though. :-/

Mani5

Reaction score
civilr said:
*Edit: Nevermind, I found a points system for IPB, for you. PMed.
thanx dude..Install it for me....chek ur PMs..do u agree?>

Chirantha

Reaction score
I herd that the the SQL backbone of VB 3.5 has changed. And if thats ture then it might be heck to convert it. (Then Corey will have to do it by hand :()

And also in bitween these mod installtions there will a time frame and posts within that time frame cannot be rewarded points.