Use my domain with e-mails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Reaction score
Okay.
I own a domain from 123-reg.co.uk.
I have managed to get it linked with my x10 free hosting by using the: ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com nameservers as well as addon domains in the cpanel or whatever it was called.
However, I simultaneously had e-mails for the same domain from Windows Live Domain E-Mails.

They (the e-mails) were functioning correctly until I got the domain to work with x10. I'm going to assume that this is due to the x10 nameservers not allowing the MX records to function correctly?
In order for the e-mails to function correctly, the Mail Setup is checked automatically by Windows Live's system.
They give me an MX server to specify & 123-reg and tell me to make the priority 10.
Prior to switching to x10 nameservers, the e-mails functioned fine on the default 123 nameservers.

Now, I'm in a really difficult predicament because all the e-mails I created cannot receive e-mails. E.g. I forgot the password to something, and I cannot recieve it through the e-mail... however they can send e-mails.

What is the solution? Surely there is a way in which I can make these MX settings function with x10 nameservers?
Thanks

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

You'll need to update the domain's MX records to match what you need them to be. You can do this by logging into your cPanel on x10 and going to the 'MX Records' section of cPanel.

karam

Reaction score
Hello,

You'll need to update the domain's MX records to match what you need them to be. You can do this by logging into your cPanel on x10 and going to the 'MX Records' section of cPanel.

Worked, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.